Free or Not Free

bgharvey

I downloaded Mixpad on two different computers basically because I wasn't getting good results on the first one. So now the Mixpad still opens on the original but won't open on the second one.

I get three options:

1)   View special pricing and Buy

2)   Enter a code after purchasing

3)   Exit and Close Mixpad

I thought using Mixpad for non-commercial purposes was allowed. Apparently depends on something more than that. I haven't found it to deal with latency well so I won't be buying it. Too bad, cuz I liked the format for just wanting to record multiple audio tracks without all the extras like midi and the like.

That still doesn't explain how the same download file works as "free" on one computer and not on the other.  I used the same download ( mpsetup.exe ) for both.

Also, on the latency, I've tried that option and it made no difference. The other thing is that how can I determine exactly what the latency value is, other than trial and error?

• 2 months later...

I am not sure but maybe the second download was recognized by the password or username you used to register the product. Just guessing, maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. If you were using windows and had to sign in, then maybe your IP address was recognized.