.wtv audio sync issues

Starving

Hello,

So I want to use Video Pad as a replacement for Windows Movie Maker, since it is no longer supported, and I feel this program is more responsive anyway. However there is a problem I am having. I can record Live OTA TV, and the recordings are in the .wtv file extension. Now I want to use Video Pad to cut the commercials out of my TV shows, but sometimes the TV signal gets interrupted slightly, and that throws the audio out of sync. When the file is still in the .wtv format, the audio fixes itself, but even when I'm in the middle of editing it, it won't do that any more. So my question is, is there some way I can export the video to a format that most computers can read(e.g. .mov, .mp4, .avi, etc.) but still keep that property where the audio self fixes? If I can't do that, then how do I get the audio back in sync while its still in the editor? Thank you in advanced to anyone who helps!

An audio track can be split, and a section dragged - to bring it back into sync.  If the drag snaps back to its original position try holding down <alt> while dragging.

To UNDO a mistake easily, press <ctrl-Z>.

A more mainstream container/file format for VP may ease editing.  Do a Net search for "WTV conversion."