Suggested Subtitle Fix

johnywhy

Plz fix subtitles!

2 issues:

Suggested fix:

• Remove your subtitle code. instead use your existing text-insert code to manage subtitles in the background. This will reduce your code. 
  • keep current subtitle front-end. To user the front-end will be the same-- subtitle features will not change.
  • Lock subtitles in the timeline to ensure user does not accidentally touch them when editing the sequence. 
  • On export convert the subtitles to actual subtitle format. 

thx

8 hours ago, johnywhy said:

Can't edit start/end times.

I've tried and couldn't reproduce the Start/End editing problem. I'll investigate more.

Timeline edits break all following subtitle positions

Current subtitles don't related to clips. However I understand the need for subtitles sync with the A/V. We'll review this feature and find a ways to solve the problem.

On export convert the subtitles to actual subtitle format.

You can do that in Subtitles dialog, File menu, Save SSA File or Save SRT File.

• 9 months later...

Yes, subtitles now automatically become 'linked' to an overlapping track clip, and should move if the track clip moves. If it overlaps with an unlinked video clip and an unlinked audio clip, it links to the audio clip by default.

I recently found small bugs with this feature, which have been fixed so the upcoming version (v6.31) will be a touch better for subtitle editing.

• 1 year later...

Subtitles NOT linked, FYI, version 8.55 .I had put a pause in my video/audio tracks, and the connected subtitles were ALL thrown completely off and I have to hand edit them one by one to move them forward in time to re-sync them. that is to say, they are not linked to the overlapping track clip(s) at all so it would seem, even after saving the SSA and video pad project. Only if I were to export the project as a mP4, and then re-open it, re-edit it and add the pauses in would it even remotely work.

Hoping for this fix soon.