Tails Getting Truncated

johnywhy

Here's a sample file. 

Duration in MPC-HC player: 0:03

Duration in Bin: 0:02.6

http://pc.cd/BXh

Clue: i notice that in Windows Media Player, the video runs about 1/2 second behind the audio. Related? 

I'm guessing this is due to some problem with the file encoding.

The raw camera output does not have this issue.

The issue appears in a file output by MP4Splitter 

thx

Hi

In VP 6.0 your clip sample-duration.mp4  in the clip bin shows a duration of exactly 2.600 seconds. On the timeline this is also shown as 2.600 seconds. Jumping the cursor to the end of the clip also shows 2.600 seconds.

It seems there is no issue with VP from this point of view.  Can't tell regarding sound but here it plays right to the end.  Sound/vision synch etc. might be related to the player used. Here this clip wouldn't play in WMP, but played OK in VLC where duration was shown as 0.03....probably a round up 2.600 seconds.

Nat

Hi

With this new clip loaded...In VP 6.0 both the clip in the bin and on the timeline appear at first sight to play correctly and show a duration of 2.600 seconds. This is correctly synchronised and tracks finish together. The last sound being "Shi".  However in VLC the soundtrack does have  a further1/2 second of sound and finishes with the word "electri.."  The initial section has sound.. "So what do we or..." but no video movement.

It seems that it might be a codec problem within VP????

I converted the mp4 clip you uploaded to an mpeg2 and played this in VP....It played correctly to the end and finished apparently correctly with "electri..". There did seem still to be a tiny portion of moving video  missing from the start however with the sound.... "So what do we or.."

NCH might take a closer look at you example clip as the last bit of sound there is definitely present in the file you uploaded. (At least when converted to MPEG2)

Nat