Inventoria : Price item changing / Order item with scan

MARTINO

Hello,

I am currently testing the Inventoria software for the purpose of using it for our company for the management of supplies for 6 organic stores.

Before buying a license and during this test phase, two questions arise:

1 / I manage recurring items, when I order stock for an item, I buy it at a certain price (for example at 10 € each).
How to do when I order again the same item, but that it to change price (10 €> 15 €) and that it remains in stock a part of it at the price of the first order (10 €) ?
How to handle this with Inventoria?

2 / When I order items from a supplier (Order stock> Add), rather than looking for the barcode in the field "item" to order (a barcode is not very explicit of the item to buy ).
Is it possible to use a barcode scanner to scan the bar code of the product I want to order in the "item" field, in order to find it faster among the important stock of items that I have to manage ?

In advance, thank you for your help and your answers.

1/ I mean :

How does it work when i order again the same item, but the price of the said item has changed from the original price ?

For instance : from 10€ to 15€.

How does Inventoria software manage the fact that some items that remain from the first time that i bought them are still in stock at 10€,

and also the same items i bought the second time at a more expensive price ?

Thanks for your response.

Hello,

1-In that case, you will need to create 2 different items to be able to handle two different prices. So, you will have item 0001a and 0001b, so that "a" has a price of 10€ and "b" a price of 15€.

2-You need to be aware that a barcode scanner can be used to enter a new item code, but it cannot be used to search items.

Regards.

Hello elk,
Thanks for taking time to respond to me.

Heard for point 1, it is therefore necessary to each price change of the same article, create a new reference.

Regarding point 2, I understood that we could use the barcode scanner to fill the field during the item creation.

However, I find the article search inconvenient, especially since the field used for the search is based on the barcode, whereas a search from the description of a product is more meaningful (we are human beings, not machines ;-)
I was thinking of making a small paper catalog with the articles and their associated barcodes, which would have allowed me to scan this one to do the research.
What do you think ?

Maybe this could be a suggestion for improvement of the software?
How do you propose this to NCH Software?