No sound when files added to videopad

Russell Kingsbury

Hi 

I have created a new music video on my phone with sound, and at the same time, recorded the sound with wavepad.

I Saved the files, and the wavepad file plays fine, as does the file on my phone.

I added the video file to Videopad, Unlinked the Video form the audio, and deleted the audio. BTW the sound was not there on the combined video/audio file.

I then added the wavepad file to Videopad.

When I try to play them I don't get any volume although it is obvious the .wav file is there.

The mute buttons are not turned off, the volume is set to maximum.

The video plays in the sequence preview, but the sound cannot be heard.

This is my first attempt with this software, or any software like this, so there is a possibility/probablity that I am doing something wrong.Can anybody please help me?

So, in essence, a WAV file that plays at normal volume in Wavepad and media players won't play when added to Videopad?

Please upload the file to a server, such as DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, create a public link and post it here.  Someone will take a listen.

In this case we need only the (apparently silent) WAV file.  But it's okay to upload the entire project...

Click FILE menu|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT and upload all the files that result to DropBox, not just the VPJ file.  You can zip them first, if there are many, and upload only the zip file.

Thank you for looking at this Borate. Yes, it's out of sync because I wasn't able to hear it to sync it.

I am also running VP 6.0. I have downloaded the corrected WMV file and attempted to play it back on my PC. It plays fine in VLC media with the audio output selected to Speakers, but it can't be heard when audio output is set to Focusrite. When I load the WMV file into VP their is no volume with either audio output.

The Focusrite is a new unit and seems to be causing some sound problems too. I know it's not your area of expertise (or maybe it is, I'm jumping to conclusions here) but, since I installed it the Focusrite enables me to record OK, and playback Ok, but when i go to, say, a youtbe clip, and try to play it I have to toggle the audio output from Focusrite to Speakers, and I'm sure this is not the way it is meant to work. If I can solve that problem, it may just solve the VP problem as well.

Thanks again for your help. If you have any other comments or hints it would be appreciated, 

Indeed, this hints that Focusrite is disabling or stealing the audio feed to those sources.  Perhaps it's a simple setting that a Focusrite forum or support line can  pin down.

Nothing is wrong with your WAV file,  and it played and exported successfully with several video editing apps here.