Export Hangs at 99%

Billbo

With a licensed VideoPad, I've tried three times to export a 34-second video, and after an hour I click "Cancel" and try a lower resolution.

First Try: HD 1080
Second Try: HD 720
Third Try: YouTube 480

This is with
i7 3.6 GHz processor
Dedicated 3GB graphics card
32GB RAM
...and minimal background proceses.

This video has no audio track. Just one track with video and two with short captions. No heavy lifting.

Each time, the progress gets to 99%, but never completes (within an hour). Any ideas?

Are you using the latest VP version?

What is the export format?  Have you looked to see if the export succeeded despite the hang?  That has happened occasionally.

Put the project up on a server and someone will test it...

With the project on the timeline, click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload ALL the resulting files (zip them if you like) to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.

Make the link public and post it here.

• 4 months later...

I'm using the latest version and I'm hung up at 88.6%. I've uploaded to YouTube many times and much longer videos. This one is a quick 1.5 minutes and it's sticking.  Any ideas??  I'm not very techie so walk me through very simply if you know what I can do. Thanks!

Two suggestions...

1.  Delete unused cache files, under OPTIONS|DISK tab.  Then try exporting once again.

2.  Instead of exporting directly to YouTube, export as a YouTube-friendly video file, (choose from the PRESET dropdown options),  then use their uploader.