Problem -- Vido Skipping to End

NLP

Hello All,

When trying to edit a video sequence made up of several clips I am finding that when I toggle start/pause with the spacebar the video will skip all the way to the end of the clip.

It doesn't happen consistently, but more often than not.

I have the most recent version of Videopad -- and even uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

Have never seen that behavior reported.  If possible, with the project on the timeline, click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.

Upload the results (all files) to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  Make the link public and post it here.  Someone will attempt to duplicate what you see.

Hi

I don't think there is anything wrong with your upload. The fault is in the way VP actions the STOP/START with the Space key.

Your upload contained two files....

2018-01-05 18-05-38.zip   and  Tuna MRE2.MOV

The zip opened as shown here:

8c9553de83587df27bfb1bd4a3cd28a6.jpg

The first thing to note is that you have uploaded Tuna MRE2.MOV twice; once in the zip and one as a separate file. (Not a problem)

Your Ep 1 Lemon Tuna Ingredients, Cooking.vpj fil opened correctly into VP, and loaded correctly to the timeline.

Not all of the video clips loaded to the timeline. Only Tuna Cooking 6MOV; Tuna Cooking 7MOV  and Tuna Cooking 8MOV  were being used The others remained in the clip bin. (Again, not a problem)

Of the two audio files loaded only All Up in my Jam.mp3 was used. Tuna Cooking 8.MOV was not used. (Seemed to be radio recording).....So you had some redundant files in your project. (Once more not a problem)

Having said all that the timeline played normally when using the STOP/START button under the Sequence Preview screen.It stopped and and continued using repeated presses of the centre button. This is normal.

However, using the Space bar to Stop/Start in the same way the playback was as you reported - The cursor line skipped.

1. Was this due to you holding down the Space key?? 
  2. Do you have the key auto repeat too short.

Quick on/off presses seemed to work OK. Keeping the key depressed made the cursor line jump to the end or start of the timeline.

Note that the action of using Space is not the same as using the sequence screen Stop/Start button as the latter only actions once it is released, Space actions when it is pressed.

NCH might be able to change this action??

Nat

Hi Sorry for the late reply,

Nat -- I was not holding the space bar, and in fact the skipping to the end happens when I click the pause button as well.

As for the auto-repeat, I'm not sure how to change those settings, but as far as I know I have not altered them.

Borate -- your uncorrupted fixed version works. No issues pausing with space bar.

Do you know why that would have happened?

Hi Borate

When you loaded the project from the vpj file, was the audio file with the voices (Tuna Cooking 8.Mov) actually on the timeline?  In the version I got (see above) that particular sound file was unused and still in the bin. There was only the main track. I got what I described also with the Space bar. Bit odd.

Nat

Nat,

To my recollection, the initial load had only music, but when the sequence was copied to a new sequence the voice popped up on a separate track - at least on my first attempt.

There were many unused files in the bin, as you noted, but can't say if those with voices were among them.

I've found that a Color Curve effect has been added on to the sequence "Ingredients". The effect looks like has been added unintentionally (no actual effects). Removing the effect from the sequence can get the problem fixed.

We are still investigating why adding effect on the sequence caused the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

With a project that has this behavior loaded into VP, click the FILE menu|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload the results to Dropbox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  Make the link public and post it here.  If there are many files, zip them first, then upload the zip file.

If the project is lengthy, perhaps a portion of it that displays the problem can be split away and uploaded.  Someone will take a look.