Videos with multiple audio tracks

Austin Wade

I have an mp4 video that has multiple audio tracks. I recorded it from OBS so that my discord audio, mic audio, and game audio would all be on different audio tracks. 

Problem is, when I load the mp4 file into videopad, it only loads in the first audio track and I cannot figure out how to get the other two in there. 

I am inexperienced with this software, so If anyone could please explain in detail how to do this that would be fantastic. 

Thanks

If you update VideoPad to the latest version it will let you chose which track to load. You can load the video multiple times and save different sound tracks to  a waveform file. Then you import the waveform file back to your project and mix them in whichever way you wanted.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2017 at 8:55 PM, c_major said:

If you update VideoPad to the latest version it will let you chose which track to load. You can load the video multiple times and save different sound tracks to  a waveform file. Then you import the waveform file back to your project and mix them in whichever way you wanted.

Hi, I am using vpp 6.0 and when I add a video that has 2 audio tracks (System sound, Microphone as seen in VLC media player) it does not ask me which track I would like to choose.
It should be noted that it previously has asked me which track to choose, but it does not anymore. 
So now I can only get my microphone audio for that track, which is blank, because my microphone was muted.
I can watch the video with its audio by default on VLC but I would like to edit the video through VideoPad and export

How do I get the program to prompt me with the message again asking which track to choose?

• 2 months later...

I do Youtube Videos and had this same problem.  The way I got around it was this:  I record using OBS64 and I put the desktop audio on tracks 1 and 2 and my voice on track 3.  I save it as an MP4 file.

I then copy the saved file and save it so I have the same file with 2 different names.

I import the first file into Video Pad Pro while telling it to use Track 1 in stereo (which actually gives me tracks 1 and 2.

Then I import the 2nd file (same file, different name) and I tell that one to use track 3.

I now have 2 parallel videos with separate audio tracks in my lower scroll section. I can "mute" the video (not audio) portion of the 2nd file and that essentially gives me 1 video file with 2 audio tracks: one stereo and one mono for my voice.

Doesn't show any option to select which audio track when adding mkv or mp4 files with multiple audio tracks.  Always shows just the first track. Lazy programming.

The only workaround I have found is importing into Audacity with the ffmpeg plugin and then export multiple tracks as separate files. Then pull them back into VideoPad.

• 4 months later...