Just Found Videopad seems nice

Ghost Rider

So I recently bought a Gopro Hero 5 mainly to record mountain bike videos and archive the bigger better rides. Only too late I discovered Gopro now only support Windows 10 with their software. At 1st I was totally unhappy with the camera seemed the playback was terrible quality. Turns out there are many variables, USB drives, memory, CPU power ect.

Last night I stumbled onto this program and it looks fantastic. Will do most of what I want. Two things I hope I can improve are long processing times. For instance I recorded a 90+ min video in 2.7K at 60 fps and I carefully assembled them in the correct order as the 1st test video they assembled automatically and where wrong. So to transfer this to Blu-ray iso file will take like 7 hours. To upload a 5 min youtube video took like 2 hours.

2nd issue is playback while editing is severely buffered. Working off of and saving to to the same USB3.0  external HDD is most of that problem. I could install a new dedicated HDD or SSD how big should it be?

1 hour ago, borate said:

Video editing is resource intensive.  What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/memory/free space/hard drive type?

For insight on buffering issues, type that term into the search window at the top-right of the screen.

Thanks borate I think my issue is working off a usb 3.0 drive so I ordered a 500g ssd drive just for this processing. My C drive is on a 111g ssd drive but there is no room to process videos from it. I have an AMD fx8150 processor (8 core) AMD HD6700 graphics and 8g of memory.