Audio/Video Sync on Timeline

1611kjb

I am having trouble where VideoPad randomly looses sync between audio and video on the Sequence Timeline. This manifests itself by refusing to show the video under all circumstances; can't see it in edit, preview, play and nothing seems to bring it back. In fact, it seems VideoPad makes some kind of record that prevents reloading the video. I can't put it on another timeline, another sequence or anything else. Even if I shut the program down completely, start with a new clean project, import the MP4 video and try to view/edit it again, it remains blanked out. When I start, it's visible, in sync and everything works as planned, then all of a sudden it loses synchronization, the video goes blank with the exception of one still image and nothing I do gets it back. Is there someway to force a refresh so the system resyncs the audio-visual and puts it in a visible sequence on the timeline that I can edit? Ironically, if I choose "reverse clip" from the right-click menu, it appears again, in sync and I can even edit it, but if I reverse it back, it goes back to frozen on a still image and is uneditable. I can't find a way to attach a screenshot or I would.

In VP's OPTIONS menu, under the disk tab, clear unused cache files, to see if that action affects the issue.

Someone will check it out if you put the project up on a server, such as DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like...

Load the project.  Click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload all the results to the server, make the link public and post it here.  If the project is lengthy, with many files, zip  it before uploading.

Hi

" I can't find a way to attach a screenshot or I would. To add an image to your post:.."

Use Alt+Print Screen to make a image Copy of the VP screen. Paste this into a suitable graphics package and save it as a .jpg or .bmp image

Upload  your image  here... https://pictr.com/
    Click START UPLOADING
    Navigate to your image folder and open the image.
    Click UPLOAD
    Once image appears scroll down and click EMBED CODES
    Now Copy the Image URL (The contents of the top box)....There is a "Copy" prompt if you hover over it.
    Open the forum and when writing your thread put the cursor where you want your image to appear.
    Click the down arrow for "Insert other media" bottom right of your post page and select "Insert image from URL"
    Paste your URL into the box
    Click the "Insert into post" box

Your image will be inserted in the post (like below) at your cursor position.

d2ea87252418a81b1092112b094c08a3.jpg

Nat

On 11/21/2017 at 4:18 AM, borate said:

In VP's OPTIONS menu, under the disk tab, clear unused cache files, to see if that action affects the issue.

Someone will check it out if you put the project up on a server, such as DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like...

Load the project.  Click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload all the results to the server, make the link public and post it here.  If the project is lengthy, with many files, zip  it before uploading.

I am not OP, however I am having the same problem. Here is the portable project I uploaded: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ymV6D_GuCaOx9-c_OZQSOGd9HYrUtu0t

I would like to know if it is possible that this issue is being caused because NVidia Shadowplay was recording the original video on 1440p? In any case, the original video plays perfectly fine on VLC player, smooth and synced.

Edit: I don't know about OP, but on top of what I mentioned above, there is also an absurd drop on FPS, regardless of how much I configure it to have (30 or 60).

Edited by indeedSog
Additional issue

8 hours ago, borate said:

Other than a few flash frames made during editing - such as those at about :40 and :47 - export plays without hesitation or obvious sync problems when exported as an Mp4 or MPG using auto-detect defaults.  Give it a minute or so to load.

The FPS is better, but the quality is worse and the audio is still incredibly out of sync.