RachK

In my timeframe of video tracks I have about half my timeline that is highlighted or what appears to be shaded and when I go to export the video, this section doesn't export (everything before it does). I don't know why it's highlighted (grey) and I can't figure out how to deselect this. 

Above the media bin, click the SEQUENCE tab and click on your sequence.

In the preview window, just below the thumbnails, you will see a red bracket (at the left of the selected area) and a blue bracket (at the right).   Drag the red one far left.  Drag the right one far right.  This should remove the grey area and allow full export of the timeline.

15 hours ago, borate said:

Above the media bin, click the SEQUENCE tab and click on your sequence.

In the preview window, just below the thumbnails, you will see a red bracket (at the left of the selected area) and a blue bracket (at the right).   Drag the red one far left.  Drag the right one far right.  This should remove the grey area and allow full export of the timeline.

This doesn't work. I have used the red and blue brackets several times for clips to include on the parts I want previously and understand how they work but for some reason all of the timeline from one point onwards to the end of the the timeline is grey including the audio and video tracks. The shading starts right in the middle of a clip too. 

I have already put the red and blue brackets in the required spot of the clip (I didn't want the whole clip) so if I move the brackets they won't be in the right place. Also when you say click on the sequence, do you mean the clip in the timeframe or the tap next to clip preview in the viewing window?