Fitting preview to crop

Oimetra

Currently I'm doing the following:

1.-Take 1280 x 720 clip

2.-Crop the relevant 422 x 422 section

3.-Export it as gif

4.-Use an external online tool to crop all the excess transparent background from the gif exported as 1280 x 720

Of course what I would like is to just export it from videopad as 422 x 422, but if I change preview settings to 422 x 422 this also changes the clip to 422 x 422 to make it fit the preview, when what I would like is for the clip to stay 1280 x 720 so that I can move it so only the 422 x 422 portion i'm interested about fills the screen. I've been trying this for a while now but I just couldn't find a way so I eventually gave up and started doing the previous steps I mention.

Any help?

Hi

If I understand correctly what you are aiming for is to move (scroll?) a 422 x422 portion of your 1280 x 720 clip  around or across the frame?

Unfortunately a 422 x422 portion of your clip will not fill the screen. The AR must 16:9 for this to happen. If you crop to 422 x 422 you will  simply have a small square image surrounded by a chequered area (in preview) or a black area in the exported clip. You could scale this up but you would still have a chquered area on each side.

I think the nearest you will get is to use Zoom to get a 422 x 746 AR  i.e. set the AR in the effects window to 16:9 and the height to as near to 422. This will give you an undistorted (stretched)  full frame portion of the clip that you can move around the whole frame with keyframes but it will inevitably include portions to each side of your desired 422 x 422 format.

Nat

Hello,

Not really, I have a 1280 x 720 clip, and i want my "canvas" or my final export to be 422 x 422 which matches a 422 x 422 portion of the clip, but if i change my preview to 422 x 422 it also scales the 1280 x 720 clip instead of keeping the clip as is.

Ty