Free version export formats/Adding narration

Kelemvor

I'm trying the Free version of VideoPad to try to upload a video of a church service. I got all the way to the end and now when I try to export it it tells me I'm using a paid export format and I can't save the file. However, it doesn't tell me what formats are OK to use in the free version. Is that information available somewhere? Do you offer your software for free for non-profits by chance? Any help would be great...

Several years ago saving (as VPJ file) appeared to be unhampered in the free version. But, non-registered software allowed export in only a limited number of formats - AVI and WMV, as I recall.  This may have changed, but try those formats.

What is the length of your project?

• 2 years later...

After nearly completing a video for a university course my free trial of videopad expired, access to my videos was blocked and I've been asked to buy the programme. This isn't a problem but can anyone tell me if my previous (saved) work will still be available after I get the paid version.

This has now been answered in the affirmative.

I have a problem with adding narration to a video containing still images and clips of an interview. I followed the instructions to "record over video" and added audio clips to coincide with the images. It worked fine but the rest of the audio was disrupted (clips jumping around, gaps forming). I then tried  recording audio clips separately and adding the files to a second audio track but the same thing happened. When I deleted the gaps, I lost video clips and the whole video became shorter but still disrupted. Someone suggested that I unlink the Linked video. I tried this but it didn't make any difference. What should I do?

Old thread with an unrelated subject.  It's best to begin a new one with a descriptive subject.

The narration clips should be added on the next higher track - often automatically - without disrupting others.

To force that, try locking the other tracks prior to adding narration.  Right-click at the left of each track to see that choice.

Hi

Before you record your commentary you can lock the tracks. This ensures that they will not move. Now you can add your recorded commentary clips to the next free audio track and move them around to match the clips above without disturbing the other tracks.

Nat

I've used this editor to make 2 videos, 1 is uploaded, the second one is not yet uploaded as YouTube does not support the VPJ file type, now the issue is that, I can't changed the file type because apparently now I have to pay. Thing about that is, I'm 15, I have no money, no job, no source of income etc and physically cannot pay. That is why I do YouTube, I need income but I'm not quite there yet and 1 video ain't gonna get me there. This NCH company's greed is going to be its downfall, I think they should at most let you make 100 videos with this before ordering you to pay for it, now what the hell am I supposed to do aye, I got a file and no way to upload it not to mention I put days of work into it, COVID took all the businesses and whatnot so I can't feckin' start working part time at some restaurant, and I don't got a legal car or license yet so I can't even go to any work places. What do I do now. From what I've tried, MP4, M4V, AVI, MKV, and WMV are all restricted to being paid and that is like half of the YouTube supported formats and those are kinda the only formats I really trust in working. What is the point of having a PC that works well in editing videos if I can't even export it in YouTube supported format for free to even upload it to YouTube. Gonna waste my life not being able to do what I love all because of a stupid company begging me to pay for their shite.

When you see "download for free" it often means a trial version.  NCH is more liberal in that regard than some other companies - 'free' trials can be used forever.  You don't have to pay but  there are limitations.  Usually the AVI export format works.  Try AVI as a VIDEO file, then instead of using Videopad's direct YouTube uploader, use the YT uploader to process that file.  If companies gave away their technology they wouldn't last long, and you would have no software to play with.😘

If AVI is locked out, try an install of this Videopad version.    Be sure to SAVE PROJECT AS regularly, not just SAVE PROJECT, so old saves are not overwritten.  You won't lose a thing.

VPJ is not a playable export format;  it's the control file for Videopad.  When a project is saved, it creates that file.  Double-click the file in the future and the project will be reloaded - as long as the source files have not been moved or deleted.

Worse case scenario, if you cannot export your work, someone here will do it for you.  Share the project, per these portable project instructions...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.

Hi Xanado

".......as YouTube does not support the VPJ file ........"

The vpj file is NOT a video file and is not recognized by YT. 

The vpj file is in effect a text file that tells VP how to reassemble your project from scratch.. When you Save Project or Save Project As , VideoPad creates a .vpj file. 

Double clicking the .vpj file will open VP which will then load the Video clips/images and audio clips; the editing steps the effects and transitions which will re-create your project. If all the files still exist in the cache, this assembly takes place relatively rapidly.

If however, you have cleared the cache,  the assembly can take a little time to complete as VP has to search out the clips from your PC. If by chance you have moved those clips or worse still have deleted them, VP will prompt you to find them.

You must export your project and then send it to YT, or you can use the YT uploader built into VP.

Nat

First thing:  Save Project AS, giving it a unique name or #, so as to not overwrite earlier saves.  If Save Project is used, it will overwrite.

You tried to export as an AVI video file?  You can also try an UNinstall via Control Panel | Programs and Features.  It may give the option to keep using the 'lite' version.

If these measures fail,  install the version linked above and try again.

Worse case scenario, we will export the project for you.  Follow the instructions in the link for uploading and sharing your PORTABLE project folder.

Hi Xanado

Do you still have the vpsetup.exe file?  If so save the project. Then uninstall VP using the control panel. Open the folder containing the vpsetup.exe file and re-install VP. Any option that may have timed out should become active again.

If your problem is linked to direct uploading to YT through VP and exporting to your PC is not affected (even though file types are limited) then export to your PC first and upload to YT using their uploader.

Nat