Voxal will not allow me to select headphone mic on Mac

Brain2000

• 4 years later...

I am having the same issue. Headset mic works fine and as it should on my Mac when Voxal is not open. However, when Voxal is opened, the option for "External Microphone input" gets automatically changed to Voxal Virtual Device on my MacBook settings and I can't change it back to "External Microphone Input". Also, the Preferences Panel within the Voxal software does not even show an option for "External Microphone Input". Please help.

16 hours ago, Asm said:

I am having the same issue. Headset mic works fine and as it should on my Mac when Voxal is not open. However, when Voxal is opened, the option for "External Microphone input" gets automatically changed to Voxal Virtual Device on my MacBook settings and I can't change it back to "External Microphone Input". Also, the Preferences Panel within the Voxal software does not even show an option for "External Microphone Input". Please help.

Hi!

In this case, it's possible that the program is only detecting your headphone (with microphone) as a headphone/output device, since it is using just one port, instead of having a dedicated input connection (like a USB microphone or audio interface).

Moving forward, you may open a support ticket through this link https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html so that you can be assisted directly and privately, as you may be advised to do several diagnostic steps to continue with the troubleshooting.