Text spacing

Cyclo

I am having an issue where when I add simple text there is a massive amount of space in between lines. Is there any way to reduce that spacing other than making multiple clips on top of each other?

Here is an example. KykhPgl.png

The two lines are right next to each other. No spacing in between. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Hi

When you enter your text Just press the Enter key to start a new line. The spacing should be the normal spacing for the font size selected. Did you press Enter twice??

This is the sequence preview of a blue blank clip with two lines of right justified Copperplate Gothic Light in yellow with a font size of 20 separated by a single press of the Enter key    Line spacing is normal.....

afce3d9e01ad8a46189a92cbd93b27c0.jpg

The text entry screen for this looked like this......

4cc41b280999960f59deae9da2cb538c.jpg

Line spacing for this font size seems normal. How did you set yours up?

Nat

After going through your steps and doing a little testing I figured out that some fonts seem to add a lot of space. 

It seems Cambra Math adds natural spaces in between lines! Thank you very much for your help and steps for reproduction to allow me to see the issue!

Hi

Yes........Cambria Math font does give a very large line gap when Enter is pressed as the letters have a large actual surrounding.  The font was designed to accommodate tall and complex mathematical equations and formulae that extend above and below a normal line of text. If you check out the font characters you will see that alphabetical numeriques  appear in the centre of the blocks but other glyphs like brackets etc. extend to both top or bottom of the blocks. Might be better to stick to another font that looks similar like Cambria itself or Times New Roman (which Cambria Math was designed to replace) Both these give a normal line space. TNR might need a slightly smaller size setting.

Nat