Using two censors on same clip....not working...bug?

Whiterose

I have tried to use two 'censor' effects on the same clip. Both are set to blur and have been set frame by frame on the same clip on the time line.

Im trying to blur two numberplates if that helps understand what im doing.

The problem is, only one is actually visible on play back and when exported. Yet both show up in the effects preview fine so its a mystery to me. 

I believe the censor is an added effect as of August so fairly new, could this be a bug, or am i doing something wrong?

Minor update - 

The first 'censor' effect works fine and travels the area around the clip ive set it to.

The second 'cencor' effect which is causing the issue, does not move around the clip like it is supposed to. I added keyframes at each position in the video frames in the effects window. The problem is where ever i have set the last position to, thats where it stays for the entire length of the clip regardless. Also both censor effect wont play at the same time. Whether this is exported or just in preview mode.

It doesn't work correctly on separate clips either - (copied and pasted same clip on timeline and added seperate effect to each video to play at the same time). The effects still wont play at the same time in preview or exported. 

im using version 5.11.

What version is the new one? Ive read previous posts where by someone says they had to pay for a new licence... if upgrading means paying again for it then im not prepared to do that. For what i want, this version should be fine. If the effects are there to be used but not functioning correctly then that is a bug to be fixed? If i will not have to pay the 'upgrade' with a new licence then ill upgrade.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgaDBIxaHLTjqF1aBQ9ugXF5JMAL

First time using one drive to file share.. hopefully thats the correct file what you meant for me to share lol!

After looking into it - I purchased more than 6 months ago (March 17) and so it will cost me £21 to purchase the upgrade. Cant help but think that is a bit much really to justify when I already paid £40 for this version. Would prefer to keep this version as its more than what i need it for, bog standard home stuff :-)

No, that's the same result as your earlier attempt.  First, have your project loaded on the time line...

FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT should result in a folder that contains all the media files + the VPJ.  As the name implies, this is your project, which can be reloaded  by clicking the VPJ.  And it's these files that can be zipped into a single .zip archive and uploaded to the server.

Ok Im a little confused (as that really is the vpj project i made along with the original file?) so went through the steps again.

Project open - File - Save Portable Project as - select a folder and it saved a .vpj file and original clip in a folder named the date and time it was saved.

I zipped this folder it created and uploaded to One drive - then paste the link here = https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgaDBIxaHLTjqGFjahaJybueutaG - If this didnt work then we have a problem.

Hi

It might be my PC but I couldn't get your zipped file to fully download...It kept stopping at 19.20. However I have added two censor effects to a clip with no problems. Set each one as a black resized rectangle, one moving right to left and the other left/up/down/right.

Both behaved as expected  when viewed in clip preview and Sequence preview. Exported as 720 .avi the clip played OK in WMP. This was with version 5.2. However I did then try to change the rectangles to blurred rectangles which didn't seem to work.

Nat

10 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

It might be my PC but I couldn't get your zipped file to fully download...It kept stopping at 19.20. However I have added two censor effects to a clip with no problems. Set each one as a black resized rectangle, one moving right to left and the other left/up/down/right.

Both behaved as expected  when viewed in clip preview and Sequence preview. Exported as 720 .avi the clip played OK in WMP. This was with version 5.2. However I did then try to change the rectangles to blurred rectangles which didn't seem to work.

Nat

I have tried what you suggested using black rectangle boxes - here is the project https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgaDBIxaHLTjqGJiEZ1vLdecEzR1 - The sensor that goes up and down works fine, yet the second set sensor stays in the same place even though i have set it to go to side to side (as should be visible in the effects section?).

Its like the second sensor movements are not even logged. i painstakingly go through the clip moving the area to censor... press the 'add keyframes at current position' button at each frame, yet it doesnt actually log them so the rectangle stays wherever i last put it for the entire clip. 

A problem in the project as loaded is that the second effect is an overlay, which overrides the main video, obscuring its effect.

Instead, bring up the overlay's effect box and click the SAVE AS CHAIN icon in the toolbar.

Delete the overlay track.

Bring up the main track's effect box and click the green + sign;  add the chained effect that you just saved, which will be at the bottom of the effect choices.

Now you have both effects on the main track, and they track as intended.

There's a bit of black flicker early on in the left car's effect, but you may be able to work with the keyframes to eliminate that.

The result.

2 hours ago, borate said:

A problem in the project as loaded is that the second effect is an overlay, which overrides the main video, obscuring its effect.

Instead, bring up the overlay's effect box and click the SAVE AS CHAIN icon in the toolbar.

Delete the overlay track.

Bring up the main track's effect box and click the green + sign;  add the chained effect that you just saved, which will be at the bottom of the effect choices.

Now you have both effects on the main track, and they track as intended.

There's a bit of black flicker early on in the left car's effect, but you may be able to work with the keyframes to eliminate that.

The result.

Yes Thankyou! That is a good workaround. Just tried out the censor blur, saved two separate chains, added that way and they worked spot on.

Thankyou for working through it with me!! Much appreciated.

Hi Whiterose (and NCH)

There IS a bug  with this effect:

If you place two censor blocks on a clip both moving differently (say first one moving to the right and the second one moving  to the left  using keyframes for their start and end positions) and then play the clip, the second block will not move . It will remain at its last keyframe position.

i.e. If, for the second censor rectangle you set the first keyframe at the start of the clip with the block on the right and the second keyframe at the end of the clip with the block on the left, when you play the sequence the first block moves OK but the second block stays on the left, meaning its first keyframe position was not recorded.

This is a bug. To get around this you will have to remove (un-highlight) the effect lines of the first block from the  keyframe  pane before dealing with the second censor block keyframes.

If you want to use a second censor rectange you must first click the each of the highlighted tabs  with the graph icon on it for the first censor block. Now you can use the keyframes to set the movement of the second effect. You shouldn't have to do this.

PS. The blur difficulty arose as I mistakenly thought this was was an all or nothing effect (either on or off like OVAL) but then I noticed it also had its own keyframe line. Doh!

Nat

Hi,

Confirmed this is a bug.

Thanks for reporting and analyzing the bug.

On 10/23/2017 at 12:34 AM, Whiterose said:

After looking into it - I purchased more than 6 months ago (March 17) and so it will cost me £21 to purchase the upgrade.

@Whiterose, You don't need to purchase the upgrade. We'll send you a free registration key for the new release once the bug is fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/10/2017 at 12:01 AM, c_major said:

Hi,

Confirmed this is a bug.

Thanks for reporting and analyzing the bug.

@Whiterose, You don't need to purchase the upgrade. We'll send you a free registration key for the new release once the bug is fixed.

Awesome - Has it been worked around yet? 

Look forward to the key, assume it will be emailed or should i keep an eye out for an inbox on here? Thankyou 

• 4 weeks later...

So i thought id trial the new version - and accidentally deleted my old software files as i clearly did something wrong and wrote over them when i tried to revert back. So currently without any software as the trial version ended :-D 

Is there anywhere to download the old version again so my version 4.xx registration code works?