Track effects

Ivan187

It would be cool if we could apply video or audio effects to an entire track, add polygon masks and adjust keyframes whenever possible, instead of just being able to apply effects to individual clips.

Hi

Select ALL the clips you require to use the effect on and if you like Group them

Click the  "Video Effects" tab from the Top Toolbar    followed by the effect required from the dropdown lists. This will prompt if you want the effect on all the selected clips or just one.......i.e. In effect a "Master" effect.:-)

Note: If you use the FX button on a clip, even if you have selected multiple clips or  multiple clips grouped, the effect only goes on that specific clip.

In some circumstances you might also  save your set of clips as a sequence, reload it and then add an effect to the new sequence. This would work OK for things like colour temp etc. but not if you wanted the different clips treated with  effects like Position and all different different .

Nat

2 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Note: If you use the FX button on a clip, even if you have selected multiple clips or  multiple clips grouped, the effect only goes on that specific clip.

This is precisely why I made my suggestion. It would be cool to have something more convenient than having to export the sequence twice. (The first time with the multiple clips w/o effects and the second time with the effects already applied from the first export)

Hi

No preliminary export is required . As I mentioned, you can still use the TOP "Video Effects" tab to apply your effect to multiple clips. Each clip will get the effect you set provided you group them first.

Creating a sequence and then reloading it (not an export)  IS another way but the clips now act like a sigle clip and so is not particularly useful..just a suggestion.

Nat