Customer and item list not in alphabetical order

Bolasz

Hi,

I have noticed today that the list of customers and items that is displayed when clicking the drop down list in the new invoice window is not in alphabetical order but in a seemingly random order making it very difficult to find what I am looking for.

I have updated my Mac to High Sierra the day before but this may not have anything to with it.

I have tried to remove the previous version and installed the latest version 5 but that made no difference.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bolasz, I tested the program's version 5.00 and when creating an invoice the customers do show in Alphabetic order in my end, so I won't know what to tell you about this, but you may want to contact NCH Software support team if you can replicate the issue yourself.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, StuartBale said:

Hi

I've also recently upgraded to High Sierra and have the exact same issue. Items seem to be listed in the order the item was created not alphabetically when viewing them during the creation of an invoice. Never had this before. Using 4.39

Stuart,

I have tried v5 myself as well but no luck.

I am fairly certain, the issue has to do with High Sierra and/or the new underlying filesystem.

I have contacted NCH support. After a few emails back and fort, they have sent me a development version of the application that has built in logging. I have run it and sent back the logs. This was nearly a month ago but I have not heard from them since, despite chasing them a couple of times.

I am using the free version so I am really low on their priority list. Are you using the free or the paid for version?

I have version 4.42, and right after updating my Mac Air to High Sierra, my drop down customer list for new invoice mixed up in non-alphabetical order. Now I have problem to create new invoice. Too much time it takes to find proper customer. If it will not be fixed in reasonable time, I'll be forced to replace NCH soft for something else.

10 hours ago, Bolasz said:

Stuart,

I have tried v5 myself as well but no luck.

I am fairly certain, the issue has to do with High Sierra and/or the new underlying filesystem.

I have contacted NCH support. After a few emails back and fort, they have sent me a development version of the application that has built in logging. I have run it and sent back the logs. This was nearly a month ago but I have not heard from them since, despite chasing them a couple of times.

I am using the free version so I am really low on their priority list. Are you using the free or the paid for version?

I am a paying customer - please feel free to reference me or let me know who you spoke to. I need this sorting or I'll have to switch...

On 10/11/2017 at 7:33 AM, StuartBale said:

I am a paying customer - please feel free to reference me or let me know who you spoke to. I need this sorting or I'll have to switch...

Stuart,

Could you please report it as a separate incident? They check whether there is a licence attached to the person making the enquiry, which of  course there is not in my case. 

My case reference is [TK-BYT30000001-ED1] [#ZPQ-71466-463], hopefully this will save you jumping through the same hoops again as I did.

Please keep us updated in this thread.

On 17/11/2017 at 10:53 PM, Bolasz said:

Stuart,

Could you please report it as a separate incident? They check whether there is a licence attached to the person making the enquiry, which of  course there is not in my case. 

My case reference is [TK-BYT30000001-ED1] [#ZPQ-71466-463], hopefully this will save you jumping through the same hoops again as I did.

Please keep us updated in this thread.

I have reported this as a separate incident but dont hold out much hope for a quick fix. I have submitted Trace files but they have yet to give an indication of timescale to fix this, merely that they have sent the trace files to the software department - will keep you posted

Got this in answer to a question of do they have a predicted time:

"We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause but we do not have an estimate when the issue may be addressed, also, once the newer version with the fix is available we will check on your license situation to accommodate you properly.  As soon as we have an update to share with you we will notify you by email.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with. "

On 23/11/2017 at 7:00 PM, StuartBale said:

Got this in answer to a question of do they have a predicted time:

"We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause but we do not have an estimate when the issue may be addressed, also, once the newer version with the fix is available we will check on your license situation to accommodate you properly.  As soon as we have an update to share with you we will notify you by email.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with. "

Hi Stuart,

Sounds like a semi-acknowledgement of the issue but I find their response outrageous, considering we are talking about  paid-for software.

Free users have no hope if the paid licence holders are treated like that...

Please keep us updated when you learn more.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may be an old post but the issue is still unresolved, or has it?

I have been having this issue since upgraded my mac to high sierra and now Mojave. 

Recently, I tested Express account on my home computer, MacOS (Mojave) on a Mac Pro, and surprisingly the item list is in alphabetical order, but on my iMac in the office, it is not, I also tested on my Macbook with High Sierra (since that's the last highest version it could go) and still the item list are not in alphabetical order. I am not sure where this is happening, and there is no settings that I could change to make this works. 

Hopefully someone could shed some lights on this.

• 7 months later...

I see the last post was in April. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I’m running a licensed version of ExpressInvoice on a Mac Pro. The lists have been in alphabetical order from  Yosemite through Sierra. They went haywire in High Sierra, but I’ve been running Mojave for about a year with no improvement.

So frustrated trying to work with this for over two years. It was such an easy application to work with. I chose it because I’ve never liked complex apps like Quickbooks. Now I may have to start using one of those. They may be more complex, but at least they WORK RIGHT.