Rendering Stops at 26% on MAC

Peval

Hi friends, 

I'd like to submit this problem.

I have a portion of more large sequence, where the Rendering on MAC stops at 10 seconds and there it remains forever.

Tell me how I can upload the project for you to check.

The Export should be as: MP4, H.264 30fps Constant Frame Rate, 1920x1080. As an alternative it is ok also as AVI instead of MP4. On my Mac it stops as well.

I'm doing this on MacBook Pro i7 16GB RAM.

The same project on PC, completes the rendering but it is not smooth. PC is Dell i7 16GB RAM nVidia Quadro.

Do you think that the problem is Software related or Hardware related?

Do you expect that the new version will fix this problem?

Please let me know.

Many thanks.

With the project loaded, click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.

Zip the result.

Upload the zipped file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like and make it public.

Link it here, and someone will check it out.    Try the Windows version first, if the project is large.

Hi

The files downloaded OK. and the project file seemed to load them OK into VP except that the clip  "Girl-369" didn't appear as part of the project

The sequence played  but was very jerky and had numerous stoppages and "Creating Preview" messages. This might have been my PC as it is getting old and slow but recent private MPEG4 H264 projects run and edit OK, so as an experiment I converted all the files downloaded to MPEG2 format. On screen these look almost identical to MPEG4 but are about 1/3/ of the size. I then reconstructed the project,  allowing splits to some clips to make them as similar as possible to the original clip lengths. This played perfectly smoothly in the VP editor with no stoppages.. The project rendered OK, exported OK as MPEG4 (native) .avi and played perfectly in VLC. Quality seemed fine.

Try converting the MPEG4 to MPEG2 and see what you think. personally I cant see a lot of difference. This is a Snapshot from the project one half MPEG4 and the other MPEG2. (.png)

5b6e4d45442a36f0345764d681f5c8ec.png

Nat

6 hours ago, borate said:

Not so, unless they have been blocked by your service.  Both links are active as of 0600 hours PDT on 10/2/17.

Can you upload the file on DropBox. I'm sure to be able to access DropBox.

Many thanks.

3 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

The files downloaded OK. and the project file seemed to load them OK into VP except that the clip  "Girl-369" didn't appear as part of the project

The sequence played  but was very jerky and had numerous stoppages and "Creating Preview" messages. This might have been my PC as it is getting old and slow but recent private MPEG4 H264 projects run and edit OK, so as an experiment I converted all the files downloaded to MPEG2 format. On screen these look almost identical to MPEG4 but are about 1/3/ of the size. I then reconstructed the project,  allowing splits to some clips to make them as similar as possible to the original clip lengths. This played perfectly smoothly in the VP editor with no stoppages.. The project rendered OK, exported OK as MPEG4 (native) .avi and played perfectly in VLC. Quality seemed fine.

Try converting the MPEG4 to MPEG2 and see what you think. personally I cant see a lot of difference. This is a Snapshot from the project one half MPEG4 and the other MPEG2. (.png)

5b6e4d45442a36f0345764d681f5c8ec.png

Nat

Thanks for the suggestion I will try. But I'm working on a powerful MacBook Pro, as I wrote.