Apply "master effect" for one video track?

d0ppler

Hi

Select ALL the clips you require to use the effect on and if you like Group them

Click the  "Video Effects" tab from the Top Toolbar    followed by the effect required from the dropdown lists. This will prompt if you want the effect on all the selected clips or just one.......i.e. In effect a "Master" effect.:-)

Note: If you use the FX button on a clip, even if you have selected multiple clips or  multiple clips grouped, the effect only goes on that specific clip.

Nat

Thanks for reply, but as I stated, or at least tried to say, I already know that.

So why on earth isn't there any "master effect" on a single track?

I understand that certain effects doesn't make sense to have as a "master effect" on the certain track, but color correction like temperature, brightness, contrast, filters. These kinds of effects should be possible to add as a master effect. I don't see any reason why not. That should also apply to any sound track. It's just tedious to click through every single clip to achieve the same effect.

Ah, thanks. Well, that made things a lot easier!
But still, don't you think it should be a way to add effect right on the track, and not the clip itself?

I come from a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) environment, where this is the most natural thing in the world to do. In a DAW, you NEVER put compression or reverb or anything directly on a sound clip, you put it on the track. I see no reason why this logic couldn't be implemented in a video editor software.

Hi

Forgot to mention...Ctrl A will select all the clips on a track or all the tracks depending where you click.

i.e. if you click at the left end before the tracks and then CtrlA you will select all the tracks. Clicking on a track and then CtrlA will select just the clips on that track. Choosing Video Effects from the top toolbar will then apply to all the clips even on the multiple tracks.

Not too sure if this works on the Audio tracks as well though.

Nat

Hi

The drawback with that method is that if you create  a sequence from the timeline and then reload it, the audio track is not visible.

I don't know why this should be. It seems odd to me that you can create a single clip from your adited work, (a sequence) and it reloads with the audio track empty.

Another confusing aspect of this is that you can add a second audio clip to the apparently empty Audio Track1 of the reloaded sequence which previously contained the audio from the original clips. Logically the sequence audio should show on Audio Track 1 and the newly added audio on Audio Track 2.

Nat