Issue: Jumping to Video End on Play

SerpentStare

I am using the free version of VideoPad to arrange and edit some gameplay videos for YouTube.

Most of what I do with it involves cutting out and rearranging sections of the audio track with my voice in it, in order to correct stutter and remove coughing and throat clearing.

Occasionally, when I am trying to make a precise cut to an audio track, and frequently stopping and re-playing a small section in order to make sure that the cut is where I want it to be, by pressing the space bar, VideoPad's navigation/cursor bar jumps all the way to the very end of my video (as though I had hit 'Go to End') instead of resuming paused play.

This is extremely frustrating, since I then have to navigate back to the section I was working on in videos that are frequently 20 minutes to half an hour long, and start looking for the precise point to make my cut all over again. I can think of no reason for it, unless perhaps content was skipped over because VideoPad had not processed it properly. However, this happens sometimes when I have been carefully examining the same couple of seconds without trouble, which seems to indicate otherwise.

Any advice or explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Unable to duplicate that while cutting and rearranging a dozen clips on the voice track of a short video.  In each case, the spacebar picked up where it left off, using version 5.11.

If the pointer is at screen-right, and the mouse is left-clicked, that would cause the scrubber (red line) to jump to the end.