Can't open project- error loading clip files(s)

Edwardpolley

After days of cutting a long, 2 hour movie, I tried to reopen my project to make one more cut.  The project opened, but the entire video sequence was gone.  The error page that reads, "Error Loading Clip File(s)" came up with no more information.

I saved the project many times, under different names, after every major cut, but I have the same problem with every project, except the first one saved.

The original file is in the same place.  It is not corrupted.  I do not know what the problem is, or how to fix it.  Any help would be appreciated.

-ed

None of the files used in the project have been moved?  When the error message appears does it prompt to locate the files?

You state that the original project will load.  Are those the very files that will not load from later VPJ saves of the same project?  If that's the case consider uploading the initial VPJ and a subsequent save (that doesn't work) to Dropbox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  Make it public and link it here.  Someone will analyze it.

The original file is on my desktop, where it has always been.  When the error message appears, it gives me no options.

The original project, with only 2 cuts, will load.  It uses the same file that will not load for later projects.

I have no clue what the problem could be.  Is it possible to make too many cuts on a big file?

I actually just cracked it.  If anyone else ever has this problem, this is what I did. 

I moved the original file to a different location and then opened the project.  When the program couldn't find it, it gave me to option to locate it.  I hit browse, went to the new location, and it loaded fine.

Thanks a million for your time and your help.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to format a disk drive to both hold a 4.5G file and play on my TV.  But that's a frustrating battle for another day.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

ed