Problem with picture scale once transfered on DVD

Scannerbis

Hello.

Since it is my first post here, I guess I should start with thanking you for this help forum (hoping it will be helpful to solve my own problem !)

To the point :

I edited a video with Videopad with several small video inserts on the main picture (some static on the corner of the screen, some moving from up to down, etc...)

When I save the video on a DVD (I mean movie DVD, to be played on a living room device), the meticulously set scales of the inserts are not respected at all (in terms of size and position) making the whole picture's composition ugly.

Curiously, that does not occur when the video is saved as a video file such as an avi...

Thanks in advance for your help !

It appears that the overlay scale differs. Confirmed here when exporting the project at 720 x 480. Mp4 insert sizing wasn't the same on the DVD...

VP_720x480.jpg

Suggest that you set both the VP preview and export res to 768x432 (CUSTOM size).  Then what you see while editing should be what you get.

Below, an Mp4 output, shown at the left, whose insert size closely matched the DVD presentation.  Right-click on the preview window to set its resolution.

VP_768x432.jpg