Exporting MP4 Files doesn't work

Yoofak

Hello,

I am having a problem exporting the video. It tells me to download x264enc7 and when I change the settings aacenc3. I installed them both, ran them, tried to put them in Roaming/NCH/Components/<file name without .exe> nothing worked. It keeps on telling me the untold tale of "Failed: Unknown Error". This story was at first fascinating but as time goes those 3 words become more of a trouble than a mysterious fairy tale.

I looked for the problem and found ALL the threads in NCH forums about this problem so please don't send me those threads, because those didn't help. I have tried to change the settings.. everything... I got simple windows 10, and it's a very simple video of a picture and sound. What is going on?

Any help would be appreciated, I like sandwich with meat by the way. I don't know if it would help the sandwich information but it's true...

I am taking it seriously. I don't know what to do... I am stuck already for 4 days on this. It used to work before.

Interesting;  it did work and now it doesn't.

Though you say all suggestions from the forum have been tested, it won't hurt to do the following...

1.  Launch the program with a right-click|RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

2.  Clear Unused Cache Files, in OPTIONS|DISC tab

3.  Uninstall the program, using this tool.

4.  Install the latest VP version.

If no joy, click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT and upload the result to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc. and share it publicly so others can test your file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 9:18 AM, Yoofak said:

Hello,

I am having a problem exporting the video. It tells me to download x264enc7 and when I change the settings aacenc3. I installed them both, ran them, tried to put them in Roaming/NCH/Components/<file name without .exe> nothing worked. It keeps on telling me the untold tale of "Failed: Unknown Error". This story was at first fascinating but as time goes those 3 words become more of a trouble than a mysterious fairy tale.

I looked for the problem and found ALL the threads in NCH forums about this problem so please don't send me those threads, because those didn't help. I have tried to change the settings.. everything... I got simple windows 10, and it's a very simple video of a picture and sound. What is going on?

Any help would be appreciated, I like sandwich with meat by the way. I don't know if it would help the sandwich information but it's true...

I am taking it seriously. I don't know what to do... I am stuck already for 4 days on this. It used to work before.

I had several unsuccessful suggestions from Tech support about VideoPad x264enc7.exe. Obviously the component is broken, but they don't wont to admit it (Debut's x264enc5.exe works just fine)

.mp4 encoding is still possible if in Export Video window you click Advanced Encoder Options... and choose Compressor:   MPEG4  

I had exactly this issue, which was resolved on a different computer, and actually works on my problematic pc too. Have oyu tried the latest version (assume yes) and have you been sent a debugging version? I had great support from the NCH team, and after emailing logs over the issue seemed to fix. Checked out my threads on this? TBH without a log it's difficult to help

• 3 weeks later...

I too, had this error and tried everything in all the different threads. I'm a software developer and I figured "no problem, I can figure this out."  I put the exe manually into the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components\x264enc7  folder and also into C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\x264enc7\x264enc7.exe and no luck. I tried changing the permissions on the exe file in the security tab, I tried changing the permissions on the folder, I tried changing the ownership of the file in the advanced section. I tried every variation of the above. Nothing.

I tried running the program as administrator. I tried uninstalling and resinstalling.  I tried uninstalling then reinstalling as administrator.  I tried the paid version. I tried the free version. I'm using the latest version (5.11)  I tried clearing the cache. Nothing. Same error every time where it opens up the web browser and tries to download the exe.  I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.

I did, however, find a way to get past the dreaded error that I didn't see anywhere else on the forums. After you put the exe file in the right spot in the Components folder, you have to right click and "Run as Administrator" on that x264enc7.exe. Then it will pop up a box saying that it's installed. I also had to do the same process of installing then running the aacenc3.exe as well. Once I did that I could actually get it to export. However, after multiple attempts it kept crashing and wouldn't get past ~25% done so it didn't really help. Sometimes it was videopad crashing, sometimes it was saying specifically that x264enc7.exe had crashed.

How did I ultimately get it working? I didn't, at least not on my desktop. I saved the whole project as a portable project and put it on my windows 7 laptop and installed VP over there. Pulled up my project and it exported perfectly.

Best as I can tell, it has nothing to do with the project itself, it has to be something is somehow broken with the component downloading of the VP installation itself. I could see on my laptop it downloading the x264 component, and it had no problems unlike my desktop.

Hopefully this info helps someone else out.

• 1 year later...