VideoPad - Transparent Background in Video?

Xacxon

Hello!

I'm looking for a way to export a video through VideoPad with an alpha channel layer in it's background? I understand the only two formats capable of this are .FLV and .MOV being as they're the only ones that can play in QuickTime player, but it doesn't seem that VideoPad Editor gives me the option! In a more specific context to my situation, I'd like to arrange an overlay to my video that plays in 10 fps, and have a background that plays in 30 fps. I don't necessarily prefer using the "Change Clip Speed" option, because it also adds a very strange and unwanted blurry transition between each slowed frame. If anybody knows of any solutions such as a frame-limit VirtualDub plugin or other means, please let me know!

Thanks!

VM

15 hours ago, 田中早苗 said:

回答ありがとうございます。

しかし 出来ましたら 日本語で回答いただけますか?

田中

Sanae Tanaka
    Members
    2 posts

Posted 15 hours ago

thank you for your answer.

If you can, please answer in Japanese?

Tanaka

An updated Mac version will hopefully be released by next week. It will have APNG import and export features. In the meantime I've uploaded a development version to https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8hcaqzgplikojy/VideoPad.zip?dl=0 which you could try

19 hours ago, macfly said:

An updated Mac version will hopefully be released by next week. It will have APNG import and export features. In the meantime I've uploaded a development version to https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8hcaqzgplikojy/VideoPad.zip?dl=0 which you could try

Is it compatible for PC? I'm running Windows 10! Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

When exporting, click the small chevron to the right of FILE FORMAT.  The choice is there, though it may not be available for the non-registered version of VP.

On first attempt to save a video as an .apng, VP crashed.  Attempt two succeeded.  The result wouldn't play with Windows players, but was able to be loaded into VP - with no audio.

Hi

Played with this......Loaded a ,png image with transparent background and placed it on timeline. Exported this  a .apng video. No crash here and the resulting videoclip loaded back OK to VP with the transparent background intact. (Wouldn't play in windows though)

Nat

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Best to start a new thread, but since we're here...

Each higher video track overlays the lower tracks.  In the example below track one is the background image, track two is text, track three is the yellow .png button, track four is a high-contrast logo created by first keying out (green screen) the background, which was blue, leaving only the white clouds.  Add any number of layers, as long as their backgrounds are transparent.

From the HELP files...

How To

test.jpg

• 1 year later...