Easy way to add pointers to videos?

nils85

Hi guys, im a new user of VideoPad and have no experience with other programs so sorry if the question is somewhat nooby... 

im trying to make a highlight clip for a young football player, so i have lots of small videos i want to edit to one, 
and to put a mark/pointer/arrow to recognize the player for a second at the beginning of every video, 
something i couldn't find the option to in the manuals. 

thanks for reading and big love to the helpers 

One way...

Download a suitable PNG file arrow from the Net.  Click here.

Bring it into VP with ADD FILE and place it on the overlay track (next track up)  above the video where you want it to appear.

In the time line, click on the overlay arrow clip FX icon, then click the chevron to the right of the VIEW button (under the preview window).  Click "text + background."

Now, in the effects box, click the green + sign, far-left on the toolbar, and manipulate the arrow with SCALE, ROTATE, POSITION, etc. to get the desired effect.

When satisfied, close the effects box.

VP_arrow.jpg

Hi

The simplest way is to load one of the NCH Arrows from the clipart library....Left click Clip on the top toolbar and then "Add Images from the NCH Clipart Library" option. Under the "Icons and Symbols" folder you will find "Arrows"

Select and download the one you want (It's a .png image with a transparent background) It will download to your image bin.

Drag and drop the arrow image onto the track above your main video track. Now apply the Scale effect to reduce it to a suitable size followed by Rotate if necessary. Now use Position to move the arrow in the desired place.

a50W2.jpg

An alternative you can use a text letter or a Webdings font character to acheive the same thing.

Nat

Hi again

Although .png images work just fine, if you have a good graphics program (I use an old copy of DRAW) you can create any type of suitable pointer shape and save it as a .gif file with a transparent background. This works just the same.

As you say you are relatively new to VP I have included the effects screen to give you some idea of the settings on how to size and orientate your image. Note that every time you apply the values VP updates the image in Clip preview but you can see the actual result if you switch to Sequence Preview each time.

a583Y.jpg

The image bin behind the effects window shows the original .gif image  of an horizontal yellow arrow with its chequered (transparent) background.

Nat

On 7/28/2017 at 0:53 AM, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

The simplest way is to load one of the NCH Arrows from the clipart library....Left click Clip on the top toolbar and then "Add Images from the NCH Clipart Library" option. Under the "Icons and Symbols" folder you will find "Arrows"

Select and download the one you want (It's a .png image with a transparent background) It will download to your image bin.

Drag and drop the arrow image onto the track above your main video track. Now apply the Scale effect to reduce it to a suitable size followed by Rotate if necessary. Now use Position to move the arrow in the desired place.

a50W2.jpg

An alternative you can use a text letter or a Webdings font character to acheive the same thing.

Nat

Thank you very very much