HOW TO REMOVE GLOBAL MUTED TRACKS

ElderlyGent

HI all    Once again my memopry has let me down. This event happened once before and I was told the solution, but it has  jhappened again and I am stuck/  Somehow I inadvertantly hit something that made ALL the tracks mute. OK I know you can mute an individual track using the button on that thrack or over at the far left side. but now ALL the tracks have greyish tint. The video plays just great. but NO SOUNDS.  I remember that there is a box somewhere to untick that removes all the muting, but where is it ??? I have been through every little icon in every part of the site, but it is hiding somewhere and I just can't find it. So PLEASE will some kind person put my heated brain to rest.  Thanks in advance

Elderly Hent, 

Hi

How many audio tracks are you using? I can't think of an option that will mute ALL the audio tracks at the same time and grey them out with a single button press.  Is the loudspeaker icon at the left end of the track/tracks (or any of the individual clip sound tracks red? If it/they are then you will need to click each one again to remove the mute effect for that track/clip.

Have you made (enabled) one of the tracks solo by clicking the icon at the left that looks like a group of pawns. This will temporarily mute all the other tracks and grey them out. If you've inadvertantly done this you need to re-click the button.

Remember you can always step backwards using the back arrow provided you haven't made a lot of editing changes following your mistake.

Nat

Hi Nat

. Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. I always save each time I do alterations, so I deleted this version and went back to the last one saved. That one works fine so I just carried on from there. Anyway, I have learned another facet of the software which is always a help. I tried going back (undo) but I was going too far back for it to be useful.

Best to you and yours  

EG.