CarlosLopes

Soundtap does not record with Windows 8 and 10

Hello!

I bought the SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder  and did the correct registration but it does not work on my computers.

I use two differents computers, one with Windows 10 and another one with Windows 8.

On another laptop with Windws 7 and XP it's okay.

Thanks

Carlos Lopes

9k8h35.jpg

I had the exact same issue on Windows 10.  Same screen shot.  If you helped him with his ticket can you post the answer for everyone else?  Otherwise this fine product will go out of existence as everyone migrates beyond XP, 7 etc.

Hello,

The issue you are reporting here could be a driver mismatch that is causing this issues, what you may want to try is to reinstall the audio driver on your computer, To do that you may want to contact the computers manufacturer and check for the latest audio driver for her computer model.  Also, test if the issue happens when you try to record the stream from the same source? 

I have the same problem. I am able to record from YouTube, but I cannot record from the linein, which is all I want to do. Can anyone help me? I need to fix this quickly.

I just paid for sound Tap on my new Windows 10 PC AND IT DOESN'T WORK! Please help. I had it on my windows 7 machine and it worked beautifully.

I also paid for sound tap on my new Windows 10 PC, and Sound Tap.  I played something on You Tube, and Sound Tap kept waiting for an audio stream.  It still doesn't work!

I tested the latest SoundTap version 6.03 but cannot replicate the issue you are reporting here. One thing you can try is to reinstall an older version of the program and test if it works. You can try using this link http://www.oldversiondownload.com/oldversions/soundtap-5-05-2018-04-12.exe

Also, keep in mind that the best way to get support on issues like these is directly from NCH Software team.

I got a new laptop with the best hardware all around (Dell XPS15).  I had to re-buy Soundtap, for the 3rd time(!),  and it is giving me this issue.  No one seems to have a "that's it" solution.  I wrote them twice about this and no response.  Please get this fixed.  Product Management failure 101.

I have tried older versions and tried every possible combination of input sound sources.  Nothing.

What software are you recording the audio from? 'Cause maybe it's the problem with the target software.

Anyway, I have been using a mac streaming audio recorder called TunesKit Audio Capture, and it is compitable with win 10 and my brother's win 8. You might want to switch to this software?

Hope it helps.

Has anyone resolved the issue of Soundtap 6.03 not working with Windows 10?  Just downloaded it a couple of days ago; sent in a tech support request for assistance the same day, but have not heard anything back yet.