Can't find files after exporting

FrostyLeaf

So, I edited 2 videos and sent them to render at the same time. Since now, I've done this and there were no problems. Now, after the render is complete, I can't find the exported file. It says that it finished rendering, and that's it. No file. I've searched my PC but couldn't find the files anywhere. Can anyone help me?

1 hour ago, borate said:

The export path, unless you changed it, should be something along these lines...

C:\Users\your_name\downloads\Untitled.mp4

Look for it there.  Or try a search for *.mp4 or other file type that was exported.

Couldn't find it. I know exactly the file path, and I searched the entire pc

Odd.  You hint that you have exported video files in the past - with no issues.

What happens if you again export this file, paying close attention to whether it completes in the usual way?

If it fails, and the project isn't huge, please click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT and upload to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or the like.

Make it public and link it here.  Someone will attempt to duplicate your (non) result.

12 minutes ago, borate said:

Odd.  You hint that you have exported video files in the past - with no issues.

What happens if you again export this file, paying close attention to whether it completes in the usual way?

If it fails, and the project isn't huge, please click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT and upload to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or the like.

Make it public and link it here.  Someone will attempt to duplicate your (non) result.

What if I upload it directly to my channel. (It finishes with no errors, but I still can't find them). Will it work?

8 hours ago, borate said:

If your video upload is in a format YouTube accepts it should work.  Try the direct export and report back.

So, I uploaded it in .mp4 format, and it still didn't work. Didn't show up anywhere on my channel

Hi

21 hours ago, FrostyLeaf said:

Couldn't find it. I know exactly the file path, and I searched the entire pc

What was the file path in fact?  i.e. When you exported to your PC what did you have entered into in the "Save to:" box as shown below. The text shown would be as Borate says and similar to that shown here...but you could have used the Browse button to navigate to any folder or drive.

Zf0gj.jpg

Following the export did you get the following window?

Zf7F2.jpg

Did your video...

1) Show in folder

2) Play in your PCs default player when you clicked "Play

If it did then you should be able to find it on your PC in the location you set up in the top screen image.

If you haven't changed anything since your failed export,  VP will send further exports to the same location. Just export a short clip or image with the same settings and note your "Save to:" entry.

Nat