IMS MOH music not playing or rotating

Guest D. Cooper

Guest D. Cooper

When I purchased MOH Player v3.06 online, I used my client's email address when I registered the product. I did that so that my client would receive directly any registration materials and future correspondence even if I was no longer around to support them. Silly me. Now I need tech support because something went wrong with the installtion. The product no longer works per my post below. I tried to submit this as a support request from my personal email account, but they would not accept it because it is not the one I used to register the product.

----

I purchased IMS 3.06 for my client. I downloaded and installed on my home computer to evaluate the unlicensed software. As I remember, initially it worked, or at least the music/message mix worked. Else I would not have paid for and used the software. So I took a COPY of ohmsetup.exe to my client's office where I installed and registered the software. Their PC is W2KPro/SP4. Again, as I recall, I was able to get the music/message rotation initially. But after a couple adjustments of trying to get the "Thankyou" message to repeat more frequently, it no longer worked. When I load IMS, the only music file that plays is "Lifestyles-Guitar. "Lazy Jazz" and "Piano" do not play. Same with the "Thankyou for your call" message. I have tried uninstalling and reapplying the registration key. I came back home and ran 3.06 on my PC. I have XP/SP2. By the way, my hardware works fine in all other respects. To my surpise, the same problem as at my client's office even when I had not touched any configuration on the home installation. "Guitar" plays in a loop, but no "Thankyou" message, and the other built-in music files don't play at all. I tried selecting my specific sound card from the Playback Device dropdown list, but no change. I turned up the decible level, but no change. I even entered a commencement date and time, but no change. I happen to work for another company which owns IMS v2.50. I put the 2.50 files on a CD and brought them home to see if worked. It works fine before and after I installed 3.06. Therefore, the problem is not my computer. Please tell me what I need to do make the 3.06 default software I paid for reliable. Is there a problem with the 3.06 download build? I'm a good faith customer and I just want the the purchased software to work. When I get it to work for my client, I will uninstall any evaluation software on my home PC.

(dav.cooper@sbcglobal.net)

• 1 month later...
Guest Steve Gordon

Same Problem as above.

Works fine for a while then just stops playing

Admittedly when I uninstall and reinstall it works

If I stop the program it no longer functions.

Uninstall - Reinstall

CRAP !

Steve Gordon

Senior Technical Engineer

The Digital Foundry

Sydney AU

• 2 months later...
Guest MakePainYourPBX
When I purchased MOH Player v3.06 online, I used my client's email address when I registered the product.  I did that so that  my client would receive directly any registration materials and future correspondence even if I was no longer around to support them.  Silly me.  Now I need tech support because something went wrong with the installtion.  The product no longer works per my post below.  I tried to submit this as a support request from my personal email account, but they would not accept it because it is not the one I used to register the product. 

----

I purchased IMS 3.06 for my client. I downloaded and  installed on my home computer to evaluate the unlicensed software.  As I remember, initially it worked, or at least the music/message mix worked.  Else I would not have paid for and used the software.  So I  took a COPY of ohmsetup.exe to my client's office where I installed and registered the software. Their PC is W2KPro/SP4. Again, as I recall, I was able to get the music/message rotation initially. But after a couple adjustments of trying to get the "Thankyou" message to repeat more frequently, it no longer worked.  When I load IMS, the only music file that plays is "Lifestyles-Guitar.  "Lazy Jazz" and "Piano" do not play.  Same with the "Thankyou for your call" message. I have tried uninstalling and reapplying the registration key.  I came back home and ran 3.06 on my PC. I have XP/SP2.  By the way, my hardware works fine in all other respects.  To my surpise, the same problem as at my client's office even when I had not touched any configuration on the home installation.  "Guitar" plays in a loop, but no "Thankyou" message, and the other built-in music files don't play at all.  I tried selecting my specific sound card from the Playback Device dropdown list, but no change.  I turned up the decible level, but no change.  I even entered a commencement date and time, but no change. I happen to work for another company which owns IMS v2.50.  I put the 2.50 files on a CD and brought them home to see if worked.  It works fine before and after I installed 3.06.  Therefore, the problem is not my computer. Please tell me what I need to do make the 3.06 default software I paid for reliable. Is there a problem with the 3.06 download build?  I'm a good faith customer and I just want the the purchased software to work.  When I get it to work for my client, I will uninstall any evaluation software on my home PC.

(dav.cooper@sbcglobal.net)

Guest MakePainYourPBX

I had a similar problem while I was setting up Axon and IMS. I was only occasionally getting the MOH to play when I dialed the PBX extension (197) default MOH extension.

I'm getting much beeter results now after changing the following setting in IMS:

Audio Processing Quality -> for telephones lines that are very bad

Prior to this I was lucky to get 3 successful calls to MOH in a row, now I'm getting no failures....worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...