importing invoice, orders, etc from express invoice into express accounts

Citus

If I run express invoice and express accounts on the same PC and my office assistant use express in through WEB ACCESS, can I import invoices and orders created in EI into EA. 

I don't want my assistant to have access to financial details.

Can anyone help me to go about this.

Thanks.

Hello Citus, 

It's my understanding these applications don't have a feature like the one you are mentioning. There is an option that allows you to integrate the applications to apply payments or credit notes but not to import invoices and orders. In case you would like to know more about this option to apply payments between the applications, please see the information below. I found it on their website. 

Express Invoice

1. When you apply a payment or a credit note in Express Invoice, select the checkbox for Update Express Accounts
  2. The Receipts and Deposits window will open in Express Accounts
  3. Complete the information in this window
  4. Click the Record button

This is the reference link: http://www.nchsoftware.com/accounting/kb/1124.html

21 hours ago, Darth Techicious said:

Hello Citus, 

It's my understanding these applications don't have a feature like the one you are mentioning. There is an option that allows you to integrate the applications to apply payments or credit notes but not to import invoices and orders. In case you would like to know more about this option to apply payments between the applications, please see the information below. I found it on their website. 

Express Invoice

1. When you apply a payment or a credit note in Express Invoice, select the checkbox for Update Express Accounts
  2. The Receipts and Deposits window will open in Express Accounts
  3. Complete the information in this window
  4. Click the Record button

This is the reference link: http://www.nchsoftware.com/accounting/kb/1124.html

Thanks very much.

Since my assistant will be using the EI via web access, will this be possible?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

there is a "import from Ei" in EA on the list on the left...but beware it wiped my whole EA system out. I am not happy at all with this system. it cleared all payments, invoices and even wiped my journal without even a warning. I have been so pissed I have not even tried to redo anything. the only software that links together is inventoria stock levels and respective individual software. so to be clear invoices/sales created in Ei, Copper POS, will not "Auto" post into EA. except what is mentioned above upon payment.

It would be my suggestion to allow restricted web access to EA (invoicing only) to create quotes/invoices

Good luck