NCH Wavepad Window

penny corbin

Hello.  Is there any way to minimize NCH Wavepad, and continue using the Key Functions? I would love to use this program, but I switch back and forth with Microsoft Word. WavPad seems to only respond when it is the foremost and active window.

Thank you in advance for any help.  

Assuming you are on a windows platform (as am I  - I can't verify with mac, but I assume it is the same) - I hope my response won't be taken as gruff or rude, but how familiar are you with windows?

You can only perform a function in an active window. Switching between working in Word and WavePad (or any other program you have open on your desktop) is just a normal activity which requires clicking on that window (or it's icon in the task bar), and certainly not specific to WavePad. 

I cannot think of anything that would respond except when it is the foremost and active window. 

Hi Vapors!   Thank you!  Yes, I am using Windows too. I am a Transcriptionist, and by "KEY FUNCTIONS" I mean using the keys for say... SPACE for Stop or Play, or F10 to play normal, or F11 for play slow. I would LOVE to use WordPad for Transcription because of the added controls over the voice. There are controls in Express Scribe, but not to the quality of WordPad.

I need to have my Word Program open at that same time, because I'm typing what I hear. Is there a setting that I've missed, to make this do-able? 

I really thank you for your response.   :-)

Please note that I have no affiliation with NCH - I am just a fellow user of some of their products; I periodically check the respective forums for the software I use daily, in hopes that I can learn more and/or assist others in doing so.....

I guess I am out of my depth here, I'm not familiar with WordPad, which is a microsoft product, nor with NCH's  Express Scribe (which from a quick overview would seem to be useful in your task.)

Why would you be using WavePad for your work? 

ooops!  I did write WordPad when I meant to type WavePad... so sorry.

I would prefer to use WavePad because the sound is much more clear... like night and day difference. Express Scribe does have adjustments, but they're not as beneficial as with WavePad.

I thought perhaps you were an NCH Pro. I sure do thank you for getting back to me. Do you know how I could submit a suggestion to the Pro's?