Exporting Video - Failed

Paul H

16 minutes ago, notenough said:

anyone know a good program I can pay for instead of Videopad? I'm looking for one that WILL export my videos.

Would like to know, too. I've tried sooo many apps, surely there's a market for home users wanting to simply cut and join losslessly mp4 files from smartphones?

7 hours ago, fredgolightly said:

Would like to know, too. I've tried sooo many apps, surely there's a market for home users wanting to simply cut and join losslessly mp4 files from smartphones?

I'm downloading .... free trial right now to see if that goes better.

7 hours ago, notenough said:

I'm downloading...free trial right now to see if that goes better.

It's a colossal pile of cr@p, I found. I tried opencut, shotcut, so many get so close; there's several free utils which can losslessly join and cut mp4 files but no 'suite' like Videopad for doing a project or something with more than one clip at a time. I just don't see how the nch team haven't/can't implement this so easily. You can literally get it to work with 'copy /b *.mp4 out.mp4' then just find it though a fixer like mkvtoolnix

3 minutes ago, fredgolightly said:

It's a colossal pile of cr@p, I found. I tried opencut, shotcut, so many get so close; there's several free utils which can losslessly join and cut mp4 files but no 'suite' like Videopad for doing a project or something with more than one clip at a time. I just don't see how the nch team haven't/can't implement this so easily. You can literally get it to work with 'copy /b *.mp4 out.mp4' then just find it though a fixer like mkvtoolnix

I'm not tech savvy I just wanna be able to export videos without it failing and it appears that is an issue they have had for far too long. Sounds like to me they should fire their whole staff and just hire you.

7 hours ago, notenough said:

I'm not tech savvy I just wanna be able to export videos without it failing and it appears that is an issue they have had for far too long. Sounds like to me they should fire their whole staff and just hire you.

I'm pretty tech savvy, but their team is awesome. Support via email for me has been fantastic, no doubt they know what they're doing. It's just a shame that with these few kinks to iron out they're missing out on leading the market and killing..offering.

I see you're on a mac; I don't have one, but for me the issue went by using a different computer. You could try installing Parallels or something and run Windows, this could work. Or another machine? Which version are you on? 5.03 I think worked for me, once, but not losslessly.

If you can get hold of one of the staff members they may be able to send you a logging/debugging version which will show what#s happening when it fails.

Finally, ffmpeg is the open standard for video editing codec-wise, and it does lossless cutting/joining - via command line or if you can find an app with an interface - something to look in to?

12 hours ago, fredgolightly said:

I'm pretty tech savvy, but their team is awesome. Support via email for me has been fantastic, no doubt they know what they're doing. It's just a shame that with these few kinks to iron out they're missing out on leading the market and killing..offering.

I see you're on a mac; I don't have one, but for me the issue went by using a different computer. You could try installing Parallels or something and run Windows, this could work. Or another machine? Which version are you on? 5.03 I think worked for me, once, but not losslessly.

If you can get hold of one of the staff members they may be able to send you a logging/debugging version which will show what#s happening when it fails.

Finally, ffmpeg is the open standard for video editing codec-wise, and it does lossless cutting/joining - via command line or if you can find an app with an interface - something to look in to?

I'm gonna check that one out, I assume the team just figures well it's better than most other editors so why fix something that has been broke for years