Basic vs. Pro

GGA

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/8/2017 at 7:58 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

The difference is in the licensing. If you're using Express Scribe in a commercial setting, you'll need the Professional version. Otherwise, the Basic version will suffice.

Question on that:  I'm told Infinity food pedal may  not work with Basic version (which mine does) versus Pro.  Do you think that would be true or not?  I'm to get new pedal soon and curious to know if have to have Pro when only need Basic. (Pedal malfunctioned so getting replacement). Thank you.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 10:58 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

The difference is in the licensing. If you're using Express Scribe in a commercial setting, you'll need the Professional version. Otherwise, the Basic version will suffice.

This still isn't clear. What is the difference. What is offered in the Pro version that is NOT offered in the basic. Number of hours, extra features? You need to clear with your customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Pro version versus Basic version isn't clear at all. Nowhere on your site does it give what one has that the other does not for $10 extra.  I get that the Unlicensed version works ONLY with the AltoEdge foot pedals and limits compatible audio files to DCT, MP3, WAV, WMA, AIFF, MP2,  and VOX.  But what exactly does the PRO licensing give you that makes it appropriate for a commercial setting? Do you get the rights to use it on multiple computers?  Do you get the rights to transcribe unlimited hours versus specified time limits for Basic?  (PS: To the folks asking above, I bit the bullet and bought BASIC. My Infinity IN-USB-2 foot pedal works fine with it.)

• 2 months later...

Hi I’ve been using the free trial simply to type recorded minutes from a charity committee meetings. It has stopped allowing me to use and is forcing purchase. Can you tell me what the trial entails please? Is it a number of hours/minutes or a duration of time used ie fortnight/month! Also if I were to purchase the basic again are there any restrictions a in length of dictations? Also I’m using a Philips foot pedal that has worked fine with the free version. Will this still work?Thanks 

Edited by Yvonne mcguire
Forgot a little info

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 5:39 PM, Fred28 said:

The trial version should work for around 14 day but this could be less depending on usage. The basic version should not have any limitations on the length of dictations and your Pedal should work fine with it as well.

You might want to contact NCH tech team for more information as this is a user forum. https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html 

Could me less? Thats a bit vague.

Mine stopped working after 6 days. I have spent the entire day today trying to find the BASIC FREE version and all im seeing is PRO. I dont need PRO

• 1 year later...

Feature Comparison Table

Feature Express Scribe Express Scribe Pro
Supported file formats AIFF, DCT, MP3, WAV, WMA All compatible file formats
Supported foot pedals AltoEdge USB Foot Pedal All compatible foot pedals
Video playback No Yes
Licensed for Home
  • Home
  • Small business (fewer than 10 staff)
  • Corporate / enterprise / government
Technical support available No Yes

Trial Period

Express Scribe will operate as a trial version for a limited time after it is first installed. During this trial period, all features of Express Scribe Pro are available. When the trial expires, you must purchase a license from the secure, online purchase page to continue using the advanced features of Express Scribe Pro.

For activation and registration instructions, please refer to Technical Support - Purchasing and Registering Licenses.