Sign in to follow this  
GGA

Basic vs. Pro

The difference is in the licensing. If you're using Express Scribe in a commercial setting, you'll need the Professional version. Otherwise, the Basic version will suffice.

What's still unclear, including on the Scribe webpage, is the difference between unlicensed, Basic and Pro.  These really are pretty fundamental questions that should be answered clearly and made clear on the webpage.  

On 3/8/2017 at 7:58 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

The difference is in the licensing. If you're using Express Scribe in a commercial setting, you'll need the Professional version. Otherwise, the Basic version will suffice.

Question on that:  I'm told Infinity food pedal may  not work with Basic version (which mine does) versus Pro.  Do you think that would be true or not?  I'm to get new pedal soon and curious to know if have to have Pro when only need Basic. (Pedal malfunctioned so getting replacement). Thank you.

On 3/8/2017 at 10:58 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

This still isn't clear. What is the difference. What is offered in the Pro version that is NOT offered in the basic. Number of hours, extra features? You need to clear with your customers.

Pro version versus Basic version isn't clear at all. Nowhere on your site does it give what one has that the other does not for $10 extra.  I get that the Unlicensed version works ONLY with the AltoEdge foot pedals and limits compatible audio files to DCT, MP3, WAV, WMA, AIFF, MP2,  and VOX.  But what exactly does the PRO licensing give you that makes it appropriate for a commercial setting? Do you get the rights to use it on multiple computers?  Do you get the rights to transcribe unlimited hours versus specified time limits for Basic?  (PS: To the folks asking above, I bit the bullet and bought BASIC. My Infinity IN-USB-2 foot pedal works fine with it.)

Hi I’ve been using the free trial simply to type recorded minutes from a charity committee meetings. It has stopped allowing me to use and is forcing purchase. Can you tell me what the trial entails please? Is it a number of hours/minutes or a duration of time used ie fortnight/month! Also if I were to purchase the basic again are there any restrictions a in length of dictations? Also I’m using a Philips foot pedal that has worked fine with the free version. Will this still work?Thanks 

Edited by Yvonne mcguire
Forgot a little info