Convert Quicken to Moneyline

Hershey

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, David Keffer said:

I am using Quicken Deluxe 2018, and it will only export to a .QIF or .QXF (not .QFX!!!) file. Can anyone help me with this? I want to import all to MoneyLine to try it out.

Thanks! Dave

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have NOT found a way to import the Quicken transactions.  Here is what I tried with NO SUCCESS.  I ended up entering the transactions manually.

1. Exported Quicken as a CSV file.  Then went through the Moneyline import routine.  Moneyline was unable to determine the difference between a deposit and purchase.

2. Edited the Quicken CSV file to eliminate commas in the amount fields.  Tried the import again with the same result.

3. Edited the Quicken CSV file to eliminate all columns not required by Moneyline.  Tried the import again with the same result.

4. Edited the Quicken CSV file to format purchases as negative numbers.  Tried the import again with the same result.

I gave up at this point and just entered the transactions manually for the current month.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It appears that we can't import all Quicken data to Moneyline.  It has to be done one QFX file at a time and I don't keep all the old files.  Best way I can see is a lot of manual work. I will keep looking for an alternative to Quicken.  These constant mandatory upgrades are holding us hostage. 

• 1 month later...

Fran & et al,

I was able to import from Quicken data (01/01/2019 to date Quicken stopped letting me download)  via a csv file with I thought only one issue.  Like others have said, Moneyline does not pickup charge and deposit correctly. Well it shouldn't really be "deposit".  Should be CC payment. I tried several times and decided to use "number" column to pickup the charge amounts.  Then in Moneyline I only had to type in the amount from "number" column in the "charge" column and not enter everything manually. It did little good to have the amounts in the deposit column.  The weird part was after doing this the value in the number account disappears.   Moneyline needs to fix the popup when importing to show the correct columns for a credit card charge and payments.  Plus when I put a credit under deposit the running balance did the wrong math.  

I had better luck downloading from bank account using QFX file.  If you can download year to date data from bank then this work beautiful. 

When I download from credit card more math issues.  Seems America CC download charges as positive amounts.  I download CSV credit card file as negative numbers and math doesn't work because Deposit will let me enter as a negative number when it is a payment.  It just increases my running negative balance.  So I'm getting incorrect values under both methods.

I was looking for a Quicken replacement and Moneyline seemed like a good option if it worked correctly.  It doesn't in my couple of hours working with it.   It seems maybe this is not what NCH is spending their programming time on.  Bill

On 4/19/2019 at 7:30 AM, Fran said:

It appears that we can't import all Quicken data to Moneyline.  It has to be done one QFX file at a time and I don't keep all the old files.  Best way I can see is a lot of manual work. I will keep looking for an alternative to Quicken.  These constant mandatory upgrades are holding us hostage. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/22/2018 at 12:10 AM, David Keffer said:

I am using Quicken Deluxe 2018, and it will only export to a .QIF or .QXF (not .QFX!!!) file. Can anyone help me with this? I want to import all to MoneyLine to try it out.

Thanks! Dave

I'm having the same import problem. I'm waiting for answer and will post it here when I receive it.