Sign in to follow this  
yonargi1

Splitting a Video

My video runs over 46 minutes long. I would like to make it shorter. I have created it in two parts, and per the subject matter it would be very easy to split it and make it into two videos. Can I do that in VP? I have created it in three sequences, and it would be simple to separate in between the second and third sequences. Can I do it, and . . . how?

Sequences can be imported into sequences..e.g.: Your sequences #s 1 and 2 can be imported into a (blank) sequence #3.

If sequence #3 is exported, the result will contain ONLY what's in that sequence. Back up all your work, for safety.

Hi

Create a New folder say, on the desktop. Backup your project to this folder in case of problems.

With your three sequences on the timeline making up your 45 minute video move the cursor to your selected division point and split the timeline.

"Save project as"

Delete everything to the RIGHT of the split position.

Close the gap and export what remains on the timeline. This will be your first video.

Reload your saved project from the .vpj file you "Saved as".

Delete everything to the LEFT of the split and export what remains on the timeline. This will be your second video.

Nat