What would be the best program to use for volume leveling a batch of MP3's?

jup

I couldn't find a better category for asking this question in.

My task is to level the volumes of a whole bunch of MP3's. Some songs are extremely loud and others are very quiet. My question is 'Which program would be best for leveling out all these MP3's to a medium range on an automated basis?' Or, if there isn't a program for doing this, what would be the best manual alternative?

Since I do have MixPad, would that be the best choice, seeing as how I have bought this particular program without having to buy another one?

Hi jup,

The best program for doing this would be WavePad which can perform an automated set of actions across a selection of files. Generally, the best method of altering the output volume of a collection of music is to 'normalize' them. Using WavePad's 'Batch Converter' you would select all the files you want to process, select the type of operation (normalize) and then specify how you want the new files stored.

Before doing this I would recommend experimenting with the best normalize settings first on a couple of files only. Once you're happy with the results then you can apply them to all your files.

You could technically do this in MixPad, although the process would be a bit convoluted as it isn't really designed for batch processing of individual files. You would need to manually load each file separately, apply the normalize process and then output the file.

Regards,

Ben