iNVOICE OPTION

J&pllc

my business is a service business but all goods are paid upfront. I am trying to find an option for deposit .A client purchases our services by the hour so they mad send us 100.oo for 4 hours of services and we will provide those services until time has expired. I have downloaded the free version and will purchase the paid version if we can figure out how to have this option

You have some options.

You can make a line item and call it "Deposit" or whatever suits you and enter in a negative amount in the unit price column.

You can issue a credit note and attach it to the invoice number.

You can enter a discount for the line item or the whole invoice. It will give you the option of naming the discount once it has been added. You can add a fixed amount or a percentage.

Hope this helps!

Teri

• 1 year later...

Very Easy.  You bill your client the entire invoice.  You then get payment and enter the payment, making that invoice paid.

Then you go into your paid invoice each time you do any pre-paid work, list out the date, enter your service performed, and 0.00 for the charges
If you deduct any amounts (vs 0.00) it removes them and will then show as OWING AND NO LONGER PAID!  Leaving the invoice outstanding and owed

This way inside the paid invoice, it keeps track of everything you do with that client/internally. Which can always then be printed to provide a trail to the client (if ever need be)

In your internal comment section, you keep track of any time remaining each time you make a deduction/addition for work performed