Why is VideoPad taking forever to export videos?

RoxasXIIIkeys

I originally typed this in a reply but I managed to figure out how to make my own actual post talking about my current issue.

I've been using VideoPad (The newest version) since August 2nd, 2016 and videos were able to export extremely smoothly, it was even able to export even hour long videos extremely fast. Now all of a sudden I started having slow exporting issues, one time I literally had to keep my computer on over night, just so it can export the video, it started exporting at around dinner time which was at around 8 PM, and then I had to go to bed at around 11 PM, and then it FINALLY finished exporting as soon as I woke up the next day at 7:30 AM. That means it took almost 12 hours to export my gameplay video.

I then thought maybe it's because I'm low of disk space, so I literally spent from 9 AM to 4 PM removing old things that were taking up too much space on my computer and I managed to remove a huge chunk of it and got so much space back on my Windows 7 computer, and then when I tried to export a video, it didn't make a single difference at all, it's still taking hours and hours and hours to export, and it's still exporting as I'm typing this post (it's even been exporting when I was typing this in a reply earlier).

Then I started looking up videos on how to make videos on VideoPad export faster, and I watched about four different tutorial videos showing different ways I can make my video on VideoPad export faster, and each different way I did it, it did not make any difference at all, it's still slow at exporting no matter what I do.

Can anyone please tell me what the problem could be and tell me what I can do to fix this issue. I really need to have this issue fixed, especially since I'm making gameplay videos every single day.

I need this issue taken care of before an upcoming game comes out on October 7th, because I really want to get the video on the upcoming game out there as soon as possible but the slow video exporting issue is going to get in the way of everything.

Check this long running thread.

And a few tips from a VP tech's post...

The export time is heavily depends on the complexity of the project more than the output video length.

For example, if you added a new video clip overlaying existing clips, VP will need to take the time to decode it when export.

Decoding and encoding are the main bottleneck. Adding effects on a video clip will also slow down exporting.

Some simple things you can check to minimize the export time:

• If an overlay clip is opaque, make sure nothing behind it.
  • Adjust In/Out point accordingly to remove invisible part of the clips.
  • Check for redundant effects. Remove them if you can.
  • Use less tracks if possible.

• 3 years later...

It has nothing to do with any of what was replied. Videopad just after a while starts to crash and take way longer. It would take one hour to export videos before. Now the same type of editing on my computer has come to take 6 hours, then 12, and now 24 hours to export. Just use a different video editor than videopad 

You have added to a thread from 2016.

If VP takes export time increases to the levels you mention then something isn't working right.  That behavior isn't common, nor reported.  A fault with the PC may be implicated.

In VP, OPTIONS | DISK | Clear Unused Cache Files.  Try an uninstall and reinstall. 

In the PC, increase RAM.