Purchase & registration being demanded after just a few tests

SonicHawk

Hiya folks,

I installed Debut a couple of hours ago, and have done a few tests, but now the software's demanding purchase and registration... well, I haven't finished testing it yet! Why on earth couldn't they say at the start that I have a maximum of 2 hours by the clock, or a maximum number of minutes of recording time, or whatever their limitation is?

To me, this experience indicates that the company operates on an "ambush" basis.

Also, looking at the NCH software page, I see that the page says the following:

The Debut "Professional" registration gives you a full features license to use a single installation of Debut Pro including watermarking and more video formats support.

Well, I don't want watermarks on my videos. Yet their product description makes no mention of whether or not watermarks automatically get added to any created vids.

Perish the thought that an online company just wants to grab our money and then vanish and give no subsequent support!.... but that's the impression that I have thus far.

It's a shame that NCH give such a bad impression, as Debut, in particular, is super software when it's working properly.

Occasionally I have had the same experience as you with an installation not allowing the 14-day trial period, which is what it should do - it should be a fully-featured 14-day trial. NCH are not up-front about it and you see "free" versions bandied about but there's no such thing, as far as I know. Lord knows why the trial period is sometimes so severely curtailed - unless you've had previous unregistered versions installed on the same machine? I flounder, trying to make sense of it.

Watermarking is one of Debut's optional features, it's not automatic, you have to make an effort to use it! ;)

PS - Why it's termed "Professional" beats me, as it is the only version of Debut available. I would love to be contradicted with an alternative version besides the oft-released "betas", which cannot be tested and feedback given by licensed users of Debut Professional because of NCH's restrictions on the re-registration of paid licences.

• 4 weeks later...