Adding Phrase Marks

Hi

Really loving Crescendo, very instinctive and the end result is brilliant. Have a bit of a problem though. Have completed a long score for chorus and piano but can't seem to find a way of adding phrase marks. These are different from slurs (they often need to be above a long series of notes and not necessarily connecting 2 notes as in slurs) - see this link:

http://www.musiceduc.../PhraseMark.png

I could possibly get round this by using slurs and moving them but I can't find a way of moving slurs into a different position. It's really important I add the phrase marks for a choir. Any suggestions? Or any chance a phrase marks feature could be added please?

Help?!!

Thanks,

Paddy

We apologize for the inconvenience but currently the program does not offer that option for phrase marks, however, we will send the feedback to our developers. This does not mean that we will include it automatically on the next software released but if the feature is something that can be used for many other customers it may make it into future releases. For any other feedback or suggestions you may send them through this link http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/

Many thanks for the quick response. Bit of a disaster for me, have spent weeks producing the score, assuming phrase marks would come as standard, pretty much a given for music scores. I should have checked first, I guess. Gutted. Score no good without phrasing. Appreciate the clarity. Thanks.

Hi phartnett,

I'm glad that Crescendo has been a mostly good experience for you and I'm sorry about the lack of the phrase marks. I will make sure this feature is included in our next major release.

Regards,

Ben

Hi phartnett,

I'm glad that Crescendo has been a mostly good experience for you and I'm sorry about the lack of the phrase marks. I will make sure this feature is included in our next major release.

Regards,

Ben

That would be a life saver - thanks so much, Ben

• 2 months later...

The weird thing is I sometimes get phrase marks when I don't want them! Case in point, I tried to enter an A, but as soon as I try to drop it on, I get a phrase mark going back to an A-sharp four measures back. If I drag the note up or down as little as a semi-tone, the phrase mark disappears, but when I bring at back to the A line, back it comes. The only way I got around it was to delete the bar at the beginning and end of the "phrase", then insert 2 new blank bars and re-enter the notes.

Has anyone else experienced anything like that?

Hi Neil50,

It sounds like you have accidentally activated a "tie" on the previous note. Since you can't "tie" notes of different value, that is why it disappears when you change the note's pitch. To fix this you need to right click on the previous note and deselect the "Tied" option from the pop up menu.

Regards,

Ben