Scrolling subtitles overflows screen

friar

Using text clip and copy paste from notepad text scrolling bottom to top doesn't justify,it overflows screen.

In the text box I manually made carriage returns for the text to fit within the text clip box to no avail.

Any sugestions

Are the words too big to fit on the screen? Is that what you mean?

Have you adjusted the font size of the text (in the editable text box) for all or part of your text? You need to select the text first then apply the desired font size (or start the text box with the desired font size then add text).

If not this then I don't understand the issue, sorry :unsure:

Initially must apologise. I meant "WRAP" not "justify". English is a foreign language for me.

So I meant "Word Wrap" It will not wrap text copied from notepad.

No the words are not too big, and I am using the smallest font size available

In the clip edit box I have lines of 100 characters (letters) including spaces but in the final video I only get 56 characters. The rest are off the screen to the right.

It recognises the whole line as one word although there are spaces in between the words.

Do I need to retype my text letter by letter in the clip edit box???? Won't copy paste from notepad work???

I just tried this out and can confirm there is no automatic word wrapping - long lines just go off screen.

Perhaps this should be an OPTIONAL feature eg a checkbox in a future release?

Ironically, I don't want this feature as I fit text in very tightly sometimes and don't want text to jump to the next line automatically - so a checkbox on the editor would be a good choice.

As would be manual adjustment of line spacing (or space between lines as I often have to insert lines of 5pt when I'm typing a large title to ensure they stay close together.

VideoPad don't do word wrapping because for video editing, in most of the cases are better without it.

For example if you want to have a long text line and scroll it from right to left (like we see on TV). In that case you want to avoid word wrapping.

Another common usage is rolling credits. It's most likely manually type in line carrier better then word wrapping automatically.

Other things like subtitles are better using manual wrapping too.

My apologies but I was wondering what was the use of the Text Clip and its Scroll Bottom to Top buttons......

Could it be what long narration text????

If so how can I fit it within the screen boundaries???

Such as you can see in following video