Not recording the audio along with the video on the screen!

MamaBear2016

I'm trying out Debut to see if I like it and want to buy it. ( Windows 7 PC ) So I want to capture a video from the web. I figured out how to frame the video area on the screen and record it to MP4. So I start the video, and then the record button in Debut. I patiently sit there recording the video. I got a phone call while doing it.

So it's done and I play back the video, and instead of the audio from the video playing on the screen, I hear myself talking to someone on the phone! It recorded the audio from some mic on my pc - probably from the one in my monitor, as I never even USE a mic on my PC!

I looked and cant find any options for correcting this!

HOW can this software be set up to record a video from the web on my screen, and THEN add my mic audio, instead of the audio that COMES with the video?! I'm astounded!

It sounds as tho you haven't set the speakers to record in the Audio tab in Options. I can't give you a screenshot because my version will be older than yours and the layout is different.

Go thru everything in Options, you may find other settings that you'd like to change rather than leave on defaults.

OK, I just switched the mic off and turned the speaker setting on, but I don't have the speakers up, while recording anyway. I wish this thing could just record what comes in on the web video, with full volume, independent of what my speakers are set for.

But I'll try this. Thanks.

I think you'll find there are limitations to most "free" trials. I've been using Debut to record videos for a year or so, and LOVE IT. I used a free competing product before that, that had MANY problems. I made a tutorial on using debut (part was recorded with debut. The tutorials covers most features of Debut. It's part 2B in this series:

To record streaming videos, there are some "really" free programs that do that and nothing else.