Merging CD tracks to one track

dennis95123

I have multiple tracks on a CD which I want to merge into one continuous track. Will MixPad do this? Where would I start? I am totally new to trying to do something like this.

I expect part of my problem is one of terminology. The language for processing sound is complex and confusing to me. I have the sense, for example, that the word "clip" is used in multiple ways.

Thanks for your help,

Dennis Fleming

Hi D F..

Once you have loaded all your tracks that you want, they should appear on the untitled channel (track channel), as single individual tracks, numbering t1 - t12/13/14, down the left hand side or as a continuous single wave patten as t1 at the top of your screen.

To get this audio out as a mp3 (ipod or a portable device) or a audio wave file, you simply click on - file, export as audio, choose your save location, select mp3 or wave, then name the file and hit save...

Job done.

Hope this helps.!!!

Good Luck.

Hi, Iam no ed it,

Thanks your assistance and very prompt reply. However, what happened was they were read in as individual tracks. When I created the new copy what I got is a file that is as long as the longest individual file and all 14 tracks stacked on top of each other. That made for interesting listening for 5 minutes but it was not understandable.

As I said, thanks for you quick reply but it seems that there must be one more step to the process. Further help would be appreciated.

If you have the WavePad program, I would suggest using that to accomplish this task. But the procedure would be pretty similar with either program. As far as terminology, you can look at a track as a complete unit, often made up of different clips.

When you loaded the tracks into MixPad it stacked them vertically as separate tracks, which will play simultaneously across the horizontal timeline. This is the basic usage of a mixing program – to combine elements into one mix.

It sounds like what you want to do (create one continuous track) is have one track follow another, something better suited to WavePad, but I think you can accomplish it with MixPad. Select the track that you want to follow the first track, copy [ctrl V on a pc], position the curser at the very end of the first track, and paste. Note that MixPad will identify the pasted segment as a ‘clip.’ With track one selected, choose ‘Merge Clips’ from the Edit menu.

Do this for each ‘track’ in the order you desire. You can probably also just paste each clip onto the first track and then merge them all at once…(Once a clip has been added and merged to the first track, I would delete the original from the project.)

Once you are satisfied with the complete new track (and done any other editing you might wish like fades, add silence, or whatever) I would first ‘Save’ the project (and it is recommended to choose a folder location of your own so you can easily find it again) and then ‘Export Project As Audio File’ – under File Menu – again to a location of your choosing.

Hope that helps and makes sense.