Record Pad, trial version

Steve Griswell

I tried recording my voice over a small mic on my Toshiba laptop. Sound is very faint. Increasing volume controls on Record Pad window doesn't seem to make any difference. How important is quality of microphone? Need to purchase a more expensive one? The small mic I have works just fine for Skype and other internet voice communication, even when not held at a distance. No way I am going to purchase the full version unless you include more helpful instructions on usage of program. How do I increase sound volume?

• 5 weeks later...

Have you tried to increase the microphone volume by using the Windows Volume Control??

I tried recording my voice over a small mic on my Toshiba laptop. Sound is very faint. Increasing volume controls on Record Pad window doesn't seem to make any difference.  How important is quality of microphone? Need to purchase a more expensive one?  The small mic I have works just fine for Skype and other internet voice communication, even when not held at a distance.  No way I am going to purchase the full version unless you include more helpful instructions on usage of program.  How do I increase sound volume?