montaignece

m4a tag support

Hi jkollar:

Can you please provide more information about what did you do and which part is broken? I tried 5.12 and I have no problem converting from m4a to mp3, mp3 to m4a, mp3 to wma. And also, tag is preserved

Converted m4a, mp3 files where the tag was correct to WMA lossless, WMA PRO whatever and some files look ok. But most have either nothing or garbled information in track, album, artist, etc. Tried many different ways and different files. Doesn't work. I have since moved on to other software for converting that does work correctly on the files I tried with this. I wish I had better news.

Jack11223344

Since you have had success, I forgot to mention I am running windows 10 64 bit. Don't know if that makes a difference. I did not check the sound file directly but since it did not preserve my tags it makes the software useless to me and gave up there. I suspect the audio portion of the track is fine though.

Converted m4a, mp3 files where the tag was correct to WMA lossless, WMA PRO whatever and some files look ok. But most have either nothing or garbled information in track, album, artist, etc. Tried many different ways and different files. Doesn't work. I have since moved on to other software for converting that does work correctly on the files I tried with this. I wish I had better news.

Hi jkollar, are you able to upload the original and converted file(which have either nothing or garbled information in track, )to somewhere that I can download, I will look into it.

Could Switch preserve all tags, after conversition? It lost all covers, lyrics, other useful for me information, it waste many time to take them back. And Switch change "BPM" tag's value. This troubles is not in m4a conversition only, it's a global problem.

Q.png