wavelet

Show video quality and stabilization settings dialog option

Hi!

I've installed ViedoPad 4.11. In options under media there is "Show video quality and stabilization settings dialog when converting and stabilizing video files". I have this setting checked, but when I stabilize clip using video effects -> stabilize or by right clicking and choosing stabilize it just starts working. No dialog appears. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to be able to choose the output format of stabilized video.

Thanks

Hi

Older versions of VP would open the two control screens associated with the virtual dub Deshaker stabilization settings. These were not particularly easy to understand however. (I could print the guide out here.. but it's a bit long :) ) VP now presumably uses the best settings for each of the two passes that are required and does the stabilization using these. Personally, I think it works pretty well.

If your video is VERY shaky you may have borders appearing as the plugin attempts to line up very agitated frames. If this happens you would have to crop the affected clip afterwards

Nat

So now there is no way to tune deshaker nor choose the output format?

I think that tuning deshaker is not a necessity but it would be nice to choose the output format. I have videos recorded in h.264 which is lossy format than after stabilizing it's converted to h.264 again which causes another loss and after that I can use the clips to make a final movie. Wouldn't it be better to use lossless format after stabilizing to avoid one compression?

The stabilizing option dialog will be available in the next version.

The dialog will provide options for h.264 output quality as well as for the deshaker.