msv to wav total hours convertible

I recently purchased a Sony digital recorder with a 1GB memory stick that will record about 45 hours in standard play. After attending a conference I recorded messages lasting 1, 2, 3, 4, and over 5 hours. Using the digital voice editor software supplied with the recorder I was able to convert all the 1, 2, and 3 hour messages into the WAV format. I then burned the 1 hour messages onto a CD in the WAV format; the 2 and 3 hour messages had to be converted to the MP3 format before I could burn them onto a CD. The problem arose with the 4 and 5 hour messages. When I attempted to convert them to the WAV format, an error message appeared on the computer screen indicating that the conversion exceeded the 2 GB memory capabilites of the Sony digital voice editor. My question to you is, can any of your Switch software convert msv messages longer than 3 hours to the WAV format? If it can, how many hours can be converted? I believe that approximately 15 hours of MP3 encoded digital voice data can be accommodated on a standard CD. That would be the practical maximum that I would need. What are the capabilities of your Switch software in this regard? If you have any software that will accommodate longer conversion times than 3 hours, what is the name of the program and how much does it cost? I would prefer programs that convert MSV digital data into both WAV and MP3 formats - that is, MSV to WAV and MSV directly to MP3 without going through the intermediate step of first converting to WAV.

• 4 weeks later...